Just broke up with my girlfriend, and the heartbreak is stopping me from eating. Is there anything I can do?

I broke up with my girlfriend, who I had been with for a year and a half about 10 days ago. I had found out that she had been cheating on my with a group of rather... 'unsavoury' boys, sleeping with several of them.
In all the time we spent together I never, not for a second pictured her to be the sort of person to do this. She was always the sweetest girl. She made me feel so special and she was the first girl I've ever dated that I can say, with 100% confidence, I loved more than anything in the world. She was my best friend and I just don't know what I'm going to do without her.

I've stopped eating. I haven't eaten since I first started suspecting things weren't right... and that was 12 days ago. I've been drinking a lot. And more than too much of that has been alcohol. I can't eat. I've tried so hard to nibble on things but even the thought of swallowing causes me to vomit. I don't know what to do. I'm looking like a wreck. I have bags under my eyes from getting about 1-2 hours sleep every night and I've lost nearly 8 kilos of weight. I'm all alone, all of my friends were her friends, and I know that they're not going to want to have anything to do with me now. My family won't help because they never approved of her in the first place. Every night I lay down and clear my head, yet I can't sleep. Even when I'm not thinking about her I'm in physical pain, in my stomach.

I feel like I should see a doctor, but I've heard that there isn't much they can do when the cause is something purely phycological. I feel like I'm getting weaker every day, and honestly I just have no idea what to do. I'm not sure if I'm going to last like this. What can I do?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry you were betrayed by someone you thought you could trust.

You deserve far more than that.

It will hurt and Im sure you are already in a lot of pain. But think of it this way: she doesn't deserve that you ruin your health for her. You also have your family by your side. Maybe you should tell your mom about this. Even if she didn't like her, she will understand your pain and will for sure be there for you. You dont need to go through that alone. Believe me. I have been surprised by my own mother about this. She showed me just how much she loved me even after finding out i was dating and had broken up with a guy she disapproved. She didn't recriminate me. She just wanted to be there for me.

And in time, things won't be so gloomy. Let pain run its course but also dont let it destroy you. Try to start eating. And if you feel you need to talk to someone other than your parents, try sugesting to your mom to talk to a psychologist. Sometimes we only need someone to talk to and be understood and heard.

She didn't love you. It was her lost. But you know something, if she did that to you, then it means she isn't capable of love, for anyone, at least not right now.

She is too imature for it.

Pls take care of yourself. Life may seem dark now, but it does get better. I have experienced pain for almost 5 years now. But it has become better and I finally feel I'm moving forward. Time helps to heal, but you also have to have the will to help yourself. you can be your own best friend or your worst enemy. Try to be good and kind to yourself in this time of need. Which means to try to take good care, eat well and not harm yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't let her ruin yourself, Comeback stronger. Make her feel guilty, She'll regret it one day. ❤ Look after yourself, Workout, Do some activity when you think about this stuff Eg : Photography, Gym, Drawing random stuff, Reading Books. Don't let it ruin your health. Trust me, When you'll get better than those other guys it'll her right in the face! 👊

Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• Drink protein shakes it's not food but will fill you up and help you during this time.

You need time to heal. You need to speak to someone who can help you through this and yes maybe going to see a doctor is a good thing.

You don't have to just put up with it.

• Oh baby, hope you get better soon<3

What Guys Said 3

• why don't you go talk to a therapist instead of a doctor, they will be able to help you out more :)

other than that keep yourself busy, try to eat and things will get better with time.

• smoke weed n you'll eat again... go out with friends and pretend she never existed.

• far out dude so sorry to hear that! she didn't deserve you, there's a place in hell for that bitch, dont not eat food because of her, you can clearly do way better! :) try soft foods or something