Did I make the right decision by ending things?

I was seeing this girl for about a month and a half and long story short things were going great. She didn't want a relationship because she was moving away for the summer and it feels like it complicates things but I was looking for a relationship. After having that conversation a week later she found out she didn't get the job. My hopes went up and on top of that she started hinting things about being together.

Problem is, I know she is seeing another guy who she claims is a friend. She's known him way longer than me so I know I was the new guy but it still bothered me. I've read messages from him on her phone asking if she wanted to shower with him and she agreed including a lot of other things. She refused to spend the night at my place because she promised him she'd hang out with him later that evening.

Just this past week though things changed. She still initiated things but she bailed twice on me in a row and once we finally hung out she was completely distant and quiet. Didn't even want to hug me or initiate physical contact and asked me if she wanted to go climbing with her and the other guy (which was changing our original plans)

So right then and there I snapped out of jealousy. I told her that I feel like the more hung out with her, the more it's hard to accept that she doesn't want a relationship. That I my emotions can't handle her being hot and cold like this. I also told her I feel like we should stop seeing each other because I feel like we're not looking for the same thing and that I feel like I was being mislead by her behavior. Without calling her on it, I told her I feel like someone else is in the picture as well which she denied and told me I'm the only one she's seeing. She didn't oppose to anything and she kept with that she doesn't want a relationship. she ended up crying at the end which made me question what I did was the smart choice. It's been two days since and we haven't talked.

Why did she cry? Did I make the right decision?

12

What Girls Said 1

• u did the right decision. it wasn't going to go anywhere if she didn't want a serious relationship. u can't change someone, it was best to let her go. I think it was right person wrong time.

What Guys Said 2

• it was smart dont worry your both still young and still have a lot of ground to cover before your ready for something more permanent. but if your really wanting a girl then the one you just described is not for you. you need someone who will take things more serious instead of giving you tears when you try talking to her.

• You made the right decision for calling her on out on being hot and cold with your feelings. You are a young guy in his 20's and it's not worth wanting to be with someone who doesn't want a relationship and flakes on dates. I been there before when i was 24 years old and this girl who I was interested in didn't want a relationship with me. She would cancel dates and I suspected there was another dude in the picture. And low and behold, she was seeing another guy but never told me. I don't know how I would have acted if she told me that she was seeing another guy. Probably mad for being lead on or sad as I had feelings for her at the time and was in even in love with the girl. She happily married with her husband for the past 10 years and has a girl.