Advice on how to end it with him?

I've been dating my boyfriend for over 2 years now. I think I've hit that point where I don't exactly see a future. I do love him very much and he feels the same. He has never done anything wrong, but he's younger than me and at a different point in life. I'm starting my career, graduated college and have an apartment. He's no where near graduation, still lives at home and I don't see us moving forward in our relationship for a very long time. I don't want to be held back.

I met someone at work and the fact that I have a lot of feelings for him shows that I shouldn't be in my relationship right now. I don't know how to go about this. It will break his heart. He treats me very well, but I don't want to wait around for him and miss life opportunities because of it. Please help!

16

Most Helpful Guy

• this is really weird, you sound EXACTLY like this girl I have a giant crush on at work, everything you described besides the college, describes her, but i honestly would let him down, don't do it easy don't say we can still be friends, it's a bigger insult to a guy saying we can still be friends, and it may end up weird in the end! also not saying this as in because of if you were the girl I'm thinking of, but by the way I notice how much the girl likes me, if you are her, you are doing the best thing, because I'm treat my women amazing! but this is probably coincidence, but again you sound exactly like her!

• Haha wouldn't it be a perfect world if I was the girl. I guess I'm not the only one in this situation

• lol guess not! literally I'm not even sure if she did graduate colleg, all I know is she went to nursing school but didn't pass her test, but she's never mentioned if she has graduated college, lmao wouldn't happen to be named mikala would you?

Most Helpful Girl

• ... if he's not worth waiting for, in your opinion, it means that your love for him has already died in you heart.

I dont know why you lost hope on him...

and by the way feelings for new people can appear. sometimes theyre just that... feelings...

Either way if you really think like that then you should really break up. But be honest about it.

What Guys Said 5

• Just do it. Tell him that you're ready to move on.
    Things have probably been going downhill for a while now, so he shouldn't be too surprised, but he might be.

No, we can still be friends junk either. Break it off clean.

By the way, I know someone who was in a similar situation with a guy and he started stalking her after the breakup. It got real ugly, so don't try to be too nice. That would send the wrong message.

• wow, so basically the new guy is wooing you and making you all moist. so your going to dump your current guy who hasn't done anything wrong, is younger than you, and lives at home. you may want to take a good look at yourself in the mirror

• the grass is always greener on the other side. remember that. if you really don't want to be "held back" dump him and be single for a year to focus. not rebound to the next guy like a gold digger.

• Just do it.

• telling you think it's time for a break and that you need to maybe look at scene on the people and leave it at that

• if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second- johnny depp

• Johnny Depp quote isn't a rule for life. sometimes people feel attraction or infatuation but doesn't mean that they have stopped loving their partners. Yes, it's possible lol, because we dont live in a perfect world.

I dont think it always means you are loving the 2nd person. It can just be a momentary attraction.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!