Is it fair to honestly say women will abandon their man or a loss of money and possessions. And men will abandon their woman over a loss of beauty?

• I agree.
  • I disagree.
  • Results.
    Vote C
*Over

1215

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend lost his job for a few months. He has also never had a lot of money since the beginning of our relationship, even though he works a lot. He's struggling, has been since the beginning, but is working towards a better future.

It has never made me seriously consider leaving him. He was unemployed and while it put a bit of stress on me I stayed. He's employed again now but I'd still be here even if he wasn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to disagree with this. Truthfully, if everyone was this shallow and vain no marriage would last unto old age. A mature couple is one that shares viewpoints, values, and most importantly, true and unconditional love. Many marriages do last until death does them part. As we age, we all grow old, fat and ugly. It's just reality, no one stays young and beautiful forever. As far as money is concerned, there are women who have stood by their husbands and family through layoffs, expensive and debilitating medical illnesses, even through drug and alcohol addictions which generally never lead to an abundance of family wealth. If a partner leaves you for a shallow reason due to life's circumstances, then life has then acted as the anvil to test the authenticity of your union. Really it's a blessing in disguise. You find out through your low points, trials and tribulations who your friends truly are, and whether or not a spouse holds real and authentic love for you.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 11

• to say it's true of a few, yes.
    all, not so much.

looks fade, things break, money is easily lost. but the person you're with is forever.

• There are plenty of people who stay together through both good times and bad! Both of those things you mentioned are pretty common, though.

• Which is why I'm not getting married. My parents are extremely vain and superficial. I fear if I get old my husband would say you look like shit now and leave me for a person that's either better then me, better looking or both combined...

• Don't think like that. You can end up missing a beautiful thing if you let your fear damn you in the prison of your insecurities.

Love is a big risk. We all have to be willing to take the risk to gain it's reward and dare to lose and be heartbroken.

• But my parents relationship is basically how most relationships are. I don't want my boyfriend degrading me because he doesn't like how I dress, how I'm gaining weight or I need change everything about myself to please him.

• I understand extaclty how you feel. I hope you don't end up with a wicked man. Best wishes.💖

• me and my boyfriend is a student.. And in my country he's an international student and international students suppose to have lots of money but he doesn't... but still i choose over many guys that offer me this and that because i look at his personality...

• That is true with a lot of messages that is why they end up getting broken up. Or they just end up cheating. So yeah that why honestly plan on not to get married

• No, it's not fair. Looks and possessions aren't everything; if the people you hang around with are telling you differently, you need friends with better morals.

• Generally speaking, a man that loses everything and a lifestyle that woman enjoyed or got used to and that woman is still young and pretty will most likely will leave that man.

A man that has an aging woman who no longer can compete with younger women in their prime will ditch his older woman for the younger and prettier chick.

• Reality sucks, fictional world's are better, therefore I'll continue to read.

• Money or beauty can't guarantee happiness... if love is not there people will leave you no matter what.

• True. But some people sometimes stay together even when they aren't happy.

Some fear shame of going through another divorce or break up. And just rather be passive aggressive and put up with the BS.

• Some would, some wouldn't.

• agree

• Agree :/

• I'd be more likely to leave over looks rather than money or possessions to be honest.

What Guys Said 14

• no. you can never make wide sweeping generalizations about the behaviors of some 6 billion people, as they are always incorrect

• I'm generally speaking. What percentage would you say of both men and women?

• maybe like 33% of women would leave a partner if they went broke (or had wealth significantly reduced), and 33% of men would leave partner because of a decline in looks... but i may be an optimist

• Lol you sure are.

• No, it is not fair to make such general statements and act as if it describes the behavior of all men and women. Some people will act that way and some people are not that shallow.

• I didn't say "All" men or women but generally speaking what percentage you personally think will bail under such circumstances?

• And some people prove that they are golden when put to the test.

• You sure are true and wise in that respect!👍

• I guess it can apply in some cases but not all of the, of course. But these two assumptions exist because of stereotypes. And if you look at yourself and ask yourself if you abide by ALL the stereotypes that people give to other people like you, and find out that you don't, then likely many others don't either.

• With the world being flat... travel and communication is relatively easy. A population of over 8 billion... people don't feel they need to settle. There isn't a shortage of people to connect with

In contrast, generations ago and even some places today, you might only marry a women within a small community/village/tribe/colony... you certaintly are not going to leave her on the whim

• You made a general statement that is generally true.

Don't listen to the 20 yr old chicks who have hardly seen any money at all say they don't care for it. That also includes the loser guys that literally lie that they don't care for looks at all. Good point 👍

• Women will leave their men once they find someone better and their men has been failing as a men without hope of recovering.

Men will not leave their women but will just like another woman - probably a mistress.

• There is no equal ground on this one, I have seen far more women abandon their man over his loss of money rather than a man abandoning his woman over loss of beauty.

• i totally disagree about the men abandoning a woman because of a loss of beauty. im not like that.

• Nope.
    There will always be those kind of people - but there are others who are a lot more dedicated to their partner.

• It's not fair but it works that way

• I agree

• Not all just the vast majority. That's why it's important to find a good wife.

• Sure is bro. I was hearing the radio the other day and this married woman who has two kids with her husband is leaving because He is struggling financially.

And many men ditch and divorced their women for younger and prettier woman once their wife physical looks go down the drain.

• Yeah but unfortunately for that guys no sucker, he knows if she gets divorce he will have access to place to live for free

• Don't understand.

• It happens

• Yea... and the women will disrespect the man for lack of money. I say boycott westen women.