So we dated... and now we broke up, said he wanted to be friends but he's changed a lot and keeps avoiding me, what do I do?

We have been friends ever since we met in math class in our sophomore year. He had a girlfriend at the time, but I noticed I started to like him so I backed away from him for awhile, and we stayed really close friends. A few months went by. At this point him and his girlfriend had broken up. He didn't show up to school the day after they broke up... and then our spring break came and once it was over, he still wasn't back in school. I found out he drank a lot of alcohol and his mom sent him into a rehab place. I didn't see him for a few months, and I cried everyday hoping to see my best friend again. Then he finally texted me, and said that he was coming back to school the next day and I couldn't have been happier. We were in every morning class together, and he started to hint that he liked me by always sitting next to me, and teasing me. We started opening up to each other more. He told me about how messed up his family life was, and I did the same. We texted each other everyday from that point, and then school ended in June. We didn't hang out at all, but we talked to each other everyday when we could. Then junior year started and he was only in my gym class. All my friends saw us really close and said it was really obvious that we liked each other and that we should try to date. So I finally told him in a nervous way that I liked him and he admitted it too. At the time he didn't want to date bc he was scared he would've hurt me. We went to Applebee's, but he wanted to be friends, it was awkward and we didn't talk for a few weeks. Once we did text, we slowly started to like each other again. We did that every night for the next 2/3 weeks and then we decided we wanted to try dating out again and we went to his house, watched tv. Ever since that we've been together, and we had no problems until he broke up with me out of nowhere. Now, he's been acting weird and literally cutting everyone out of his life and I'm worried about him.

11
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• Life goes on and so should you

What Girls Said 1

• He lost interest