How much time does it take to get over a relationship?

about 2 years ago my (ex) girlfriend for about 3ish years left me and even now i still think about her most days. is that weird or normal?

• Weird
  • Normal
Select a gender to cast your vote:

23

Most Helpful Girl

• They say when getting over a break up it takes half the time you spent with that person to fully get over it. So if you guys dated for about 3 1/2 years. It could take anywhere between 1 1/2 years to get over that person. Depending on how quick you heal, how forgiving you are and so forth. Thinking about them from time to time is normal. 3 years is a long time. You can't just forget about someone you spent 3 years with that easily. I have an ex I dated 4 years ago, we ended on mutual terms. However it's been a long while later and I do think of the good times with him from time to time. But I also am completely over him now.

Most Helpful Guy

• It took me about a year before in a 2 and a half year relationship. It really just depends how much you cared for the person and valued them.

What Girls Said 1

• It depends on how much you've valued the relationship

What Guys Said 2

• It takes time, depends on the person... sometimes it takes for a very long time, even several years.

• 0|0
    • if this is suppose to take me to a specific post then it's not working. all i get it's the break-up/divorce category for this app

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be