Would you break up with your boyfriend if he talks to a female friend on the phone daily for hours or would you confront him to try to settle it? why?

so my bf's old friend came back after very long and they decided to catch up so they talked on the phone. on day 1 when she's back, they were on a call for 10 HOURS and on day 2, 5 hours. i found out on day 2 and was REALLY ANGRY not because he might be firting and up to something or anything but bcos he didn't consider my feelings and went to talk to another girl for 10 hours? when i confronted him he said he's sorry he got carried away because an old friend came back. and he will talk to her less if thats what i want. but im really annoyef with the fact that he doesn't put me first and thinks about my feeling as his girlfriend. so angrily, i initiated a break up. should i have accepted his apology and forgive him or did i make the right choice?

• Break up with him immediately.
  • Confront him and forgive him if he apologizes and realize his mistake
guys 2 days because i found out on the 2nd day. and right after i initiated the break up and we broke up, he called the girl for hours.

47

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are worried about someone else taking what is yours, why do you even want it? Either trust that your partner is going to be loyal, or move on to someone who fits you better. You sound young and chances are the relationship isn't going to last if you feel this way now. So follow your heart.

Most Helpful Girl

• So personally, i think its wrong of you to be annoyed he was talking to a friend even if its a girl ( ivr been through this a couple times where a great guy friend of mine gets a girlfriend and she required him to not talk or hang out with me any more and i lost that friendship ) it hurts.. now even that said. . there are fine lines. 10 hours... thats a bit much it could be harmless but thats a lot... anyways i would respect that he had a friend who is a girl that he knew before u and dont tell him they can't be friends but you should calmly explain that 10 or 5 hours on the phone with another girl is reason to alarm you as his sweatheart. I think also it just depends on what kind of guy he is to say whether or not id be mad or not.

• what kind of guy would u get angry at and what kind of guy would u not be angry at, and forgive?

• Well I've known guys that i just knew they were loyal and would never ever do that.. You know you just get to know the character of somone... Now unfortunatly even then everyone is human and can make mistakes but for the most part u just feel stable about the character of that guy... Thats the one i wouldn't get mad about... second I've known guys who even though u think no they wouldn't cheat... there is a hint of a doubt for a specific reason as in you have a proof of a shady action in the past or somthing that made u wonder. Like i. e. they check their phone and hide the screen... kind of stuff. But if your boyfriend has never given you reason to believe he has not been true to you, do what your heart says but maybe talk to him because what you said happened is a bit excessive but move on. If he continues to do kind of stuff like that though just follow your heart!

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• I mean, I think you over reacted, but that me. If it had been going on for a week I can totally see your response being valid, but two days? Your his girlfriend, so you don't have to control every aspect of his life.

• If I were you, I'd break up. There is no reason why even friends should talk for literally hours.

• I mean what if you were talking to an old friend who came back for like the hours you mentioned.

• Guys can be stupid... sometimes the women has to show him that he is wrong and force change (forgive his stupid nature if he apologizes)

• Confront and talk to him about it first.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't care and I don't expect to be continually put first at the expense of other people's pleasure.

• i voted A

• What kind of reason is that? I would talk to my friends for hours as well if I hadn't seen them in a very long time, including my male friends. It was literally to days of catching up, that kind of thing just gets you carried away easily and he even apologised for it and said he wouldn't do it again, even though it wasn't really bad?