Help me ! Male responses needed?

When is it okay to ghost someone? Is it better then letting them down. A guy who works with the company I work for came in and I guess he saw me and asked a coworker to give me his number since he doesn't come in often. I stupidly texted him , and I really don't want anything to do with a guy , I don't wanna go out with him or anything like that. Should I ghost him or just tell him

19

Most Helpful Guy

• It's okay to ghost someone if you feel that's what you want to do, especially when you barely know them anyway. You are not obliged to speak to or remain in contact with anyone that you don't want. It becomes a bit more of a shitty thing to do when you know the person well, but still it's up to you. If you are struggling with your conscience then just keep any communication civil and polite and limit it. Don't reply quickly and when you do reply just reply with very sterile and short answers. He'll probably get the hint.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whoa whoa whoa—your COWORKER gave out your number? That's not respectful, or their place. You shouldn't feel obligated to talk to this person at all.

You have every right to ghost them. But if you want to be forthright, just tell them you're disinterested and that they should have asked for your permission before giving out your number 😕

Sponsored

What Guys Said 8

• Well yeah you made a really stupid mistake by texting him if you didn't want anything to do with him. I mean he is obviously gonna see that as a sign that you're interested.

I really don't think you have any other choice but to be honest with him now.

• It's better to let me down in my opinion.
    I can't speak for him since i don't know him but guys will react differently.

• Tell him. He might take it the wrong way if you ghost him, and might pursue you with even more vigour as he'll think you're playing hard to get.

• you can ghost whoever you want but it's kind of a shitty thing to do. He'd probably prefer to know where he stands but i guess it just depends on whether you give a shit xD

• tell him...

• tell him so he doesn't go insane

• If you just ghost him he might come asking about you trying to figure out what happened and would probably make it more awkward. Just tell him you're not interested

• tell him dont "ghost him" its not very nice thing to do in a mans eyes

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!