If you were walking down the street and saw the ex from your longest relationship, what would you say or do to them?

If you were walking down the street and saw the ex from your longest relationship, what would you say or do to them?It's been a while since the break up. It was the most serious relationship you have ever had. It was serious enough that you at least thought about what it would be like to be together for the rest of your lives. There were many fun times during the days and, at night, things were hot and heavy between the sheets: muy caliente!

But something wasn't right and it wouldn't go away. Like a fly at a picnic, it became a problem more and more and eventually, it was just too much. You broke up. You went no contact immediately and you haven't seen them since you got your stuff from their place. So it's been 4 months and you've been on a few dates but nothing that really got you excited.

Maybe this scenario doesn't describe what happened between you and your ex. So, assume that it's you and your ex and you saw your ex walking towards you? You have about 15 seconds to decide how to respond. What will you do?

• I wouldn't cross the street to piss on them if they were on fire! I WANT THEM DEAD!
    15%(10)16%(17)Vote18%(7)
  • I would say hello but keep walking; I wouldn't stop to talk.
    48%(32)42%(45)Vote32%(13)
  • I would stop and ask about how their life has developed since our break up.
    21%(14)19%(20)Vote15%(6)
  • I would stop and try to ask some questions so I could get closure! I need to understand!
    0%(0)4%(4)Vote10%(4)
  • I would tell them that I miss them and that I still regret our break up.
    1%(1)1%(1)Vote0%(0)
  • I would ask them if they wanted to go somewhere and have a cup of coffee.
    13%(9)14%(15)Vote15%(6)
  • I would ask them if they wanted to go somewhere and have sex! :)
    2%(1)4%(5)Vote10%(4)

Most Helpful Girl

• I see mine around a couple times a year. We always laugh and catch up briefly wherever we are and then move on. We didn't end because of conflict, just had different goals and directions. I wish him the best.

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk politely and cordially and sincerely wish them well

Sponsored

What Girls Said 9

• none of these~ i'd just walk right on past.

that said, if he was on fire... i'd probably still keep walking lol.

• I’d duck my head and run for the hills. I want nothing to do with my ex and his perpetual need for entertainment—of any kind.

• I wouldn't talk to them. I'd just walk past them

• Happened and we smile and greet each other. our break up wasn't as complicated as most and we have moved on while remaining casual friends.

• Be polite and civil because I want to be the bigger person. Then ask him if he's seeing anyone coz he said he'd replace me in days. And ask him for 50 euros for losing the bet.

• I'd keep on moving.

• I would probably say hi while continuing in my direction.

• Ignore him and keep walking

• I would stop and see what they have been up to if they seemed interested if not I'd acknowledge them and keep going.

What Guys Said 23

• It would be totally in the moment. Maybe I'd duck into a doorway to avoid awkwardness. But I voted C because that's a lot more likely.

I've never had a bad breakup. It was always cordial and we just went our separate ways. Even with women I only dated once I've never had any ill will toward them.

I guess I'm fortunate that none of my relationships were the kind where they end up totally hating each other.

• It's not just a matter of good fortune. It's the kind of person that you are and the kind of person who you selected for the relationship. Take credit; you deserve it. :)

• Well I don't know if I'm to credit. I didn't do a very good job at picking partners. I didn't do a very good job at being a boyfriend either. But at least we were able to split cordially and remain friends. I think I was better at picking friends than lovers. I'm just glad I never went through one of those nasty breakups.

Oh well, lessons learned. Try to keep the good and throw out the bad. "Try" is the key word here.

• I would say hi and stop her... say hi to her boyfriend and probably have lunch together

That would not be awkward as I am still very close friends with my most significant ex girlfriends --> Reason is because we were so close that breaking up doesn't change how much we still actually like each other as people... it's hard to come by close bonds such as sharing intimate moments together, there is a certain trust you have with said person regardless if you broke up or not... granted only if you broke up in a positive manner that is

• I would stop and talk to her. I'm just not the type of guy who sees someone I know and not approach them to socialize. I voted F - I'd invite her to wherever I was going to.

• i would ignore them

• Flip her off

• I don't know. I would want to talk to them even though I know it would hurt to do it. But the fact it would be hard for me would be a reason in of itself for doing it.

• Well the only girl I dated ended up ghosting me. It hurt me badly because I really liked her and didn't know why she felt she had to ghost me. I chose the stop and try to ask questions option. Even though I'm trying to move on and am starting to like another girl, I still wonder almost a year later why she stopped talking to me and I would just like some closure.

• I'd probably say hi and try to stop to talk, but just to talk.

• The second last option, replaced by a cup of TEA

• I'd say hi and ask her how she's doing.
    My only break up ended on decent terms, so there's no bad blood between us.

• I would wish her the best in her mariage and talk about what cool things GOD has done since we left ways

• i would ignore her

• I'd be a little confused since they live on the other side of the ocean.

• Yo i would be the most pleasant mofo right there pretend to not be bitter. Cause then they won't talk shit behind your back when they return to their life

• I will try to avoid her sight and keep walking, but if she sees me, I will just say hi then keep walking.

• i wouldn't say anything. she can go fuck herself

• I would bow mildly to them and continue walking, as I do with most who notice me on the street.

• It depends. I would most probably say hello and keep walking.

• Just hi and keep it moving.

• Keep walking the past is the past and my ex can burn in hell

• I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire. I'd throw gasoline on her, and block the roads and sidewalks so EMS & the fire department wouldn't be able to get to her. I would even kill good Samaritans that attempted to help her while the emergency crews attempted to get through my blockades.

Well, ok, no I wouldn't do any of that. I don't even wish her dead.

I would probably nod and say hi. I might even entertain a short conversation (no more than about 15 minutes). But then I'd just leave. And I wouldn't offer or accept an offer to stay in touch.

• I still see this girl who used me as a rebound at concerts I go to as we have similar music tastes and other interests. It's awkward and it sucks because it ended horribly as she screwed me over dearly and acts like it's my fault for her behavior.

• I would just carry on walking past them without acknowledging her or speaking to her.