Tips on how to get over breakup?

I recently was dumped by my boyfriend ( Friday) through text. And i'm crushed, I haven't been eating much because I don't know ever since he dumped me i've not been hungry. I know I have to get over it ( was only three months and he treated me like crap) but this is new for me. I'm not used to being dumped, it's usually the other way around. Any tips?

1015

Most Helpful Guy

• Get yourself something nice, buy a new outfit, spend time with friends or family catch up on those hobbies you left behind and so on.

Most Helpful Girl

• For some reason, listening to sad songs can help. Try going out in public and experiencing nee things. Maybe go to a party that you know he will be attending, and make him reret dumping you by making him healous. I don't know. I wish you luck though. It always takes timr to get over any relationship that is ending, so don't think it is just you recovering from it. Eating ice cream helps too. <3

What Guys Said 14

• If he treated you bad, then it wasn't worth being with him anyways. It wasn't a loss. It was something that should have ended soon after it started and then it finally did. Just decide, from now on, that you will not allow a man to treat you badly again. If a person does do this in the future, simply terminate the relationship. After you decide this, then you can take a look at this past relationship and realize that it didn't have a possibility to continue in the first place. There is no sense have feelings over something that was an impossibility. A man that does not treat you with respect does not deserve even a sliver of your attention or your emotions. Now go get something to eat - you only live once, why waste time feeling this way any longer than you have to and especially over someone like him!

• Once you realize that you're more than your relationship status and the opinions of other people, then getting over these things gets easier. But doesn't it suck being on the other side of being dumped? Gives you some perspective. So I say this can be a good character defining moment for you. Rejection happens all the time in various facets of life. Its unavoidable. All that matters is how you handle yourself. So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, realize that you're an amazing person, and go back out there.

• Focus on what was bad. Block him from everything and have no communication of any kind forever. Cut him completely and permanently out of your life

• Block him from everything and go no contact for good in person as well. Try to not be alone in your own thoughts too much. Spend time with friends, be busy with life, and just try to not think of him.
    Time heals all wounds. And try and it a little of something!

• Get angry at him. Your depressed feelings may be because you feel like you weren't good enough for him, but it sounds to me that it was the other way around if he was treating you like crap. Replacing my feelings of insecurity and inadequacy with anger always helped me in high school, so that's what I'm going with lol. Might work, might not.

• Doesn't matter if you were dumped or you did it, you gotta focus on yourself. Don't worry about being lonely, don't worry about chasing guys, work on yourself and be happy with yourself and how you look, and your career. Also, you have to realize that you won't get back together because if you still think you might, there's a 0% chance you'll move on.

• just get over it then its gone

• if he broke up with you over a text message, then he's scum and never deserved you. getting over the breakup will be easy, you might not think it at the moment but over time it'll hurt less and less, until you're completely over it.

• It'll pass. You're young and will be through many more.

• You have instagram?

• You can get it over by finding a new boyfriend.

• Text

• Give his best friend a bj

• LOL. im pretty close with his best friend but no ty. I prefer to be classy not sloppy

• Good for you! Time it will get better

What Girls Said 9

• I'm not going to say sorry because it makes it worse. I've been there many times. Did you get answers why you broke up? Some blokes dump girls and won't explain and completely blank because they are too much of a pussy with no balls. There's no quick way or easy way to get over a break up. But even though you might not believe it now but give it a couple of months and you will feel different. Someone new might come along when you feel more ready and might be a better upgrade! Let it happen don't search for it. Just concentrate on yourself and how you want to achieve certain aspects in your life. Hope this helps x

• my ex dumped me before my birthday and we were together for a little over 9 months (for a while i was puking up stomach acid i couldnt eat and could sleep because of the anxiety that him leaving me gave me)

what fr made me feel better is i met this dude and we started chilling and fucking and then i was on to talking to more guys

• Jus fill your mind and body with other things so there's no room to think about him. Besides, you're a beautiful girl, look forward to the next guy who will retreat you well. Why empower this guy by missing how he treated you like crap.

• Through text? What a chump.
    He treated you like crap? What a Pu$$y
    Honestly just move on. If he was bad than you should be celebrating. Breaking up is hard, yes, but screw him. You're still giving him your time which it sounds like he wasn't worth it in the first place.

• Find something to occupy your mind. Bake something yum, that'll make you want to eat. Generally after a breakup I would eat ice cream and chocolate and watch Netflix. Then my friends would drag me to a party with lots of cute boys and I'm all better

• Keep busy.

I threw myself into work.

The gym is great too, all those endorphins make you happy.

You will be fine. You are beautiful and worth so much more 💜

• Eat as much food as you can, invite your friends over for a few days. Then dress as nice as you can, beat your face, go out with people, I don't know what and show that dude what a boss ass bitch he's missing out on

• Try looking for a new boyfriend. And honey if he treated you like crap, there is no reason you should be so sad. Please go out get your favorite meal from any restaurant and eat till you are so full okay cuz honey you deserve it!!

• Keep your self busy find something to do or find some one else