Dating A Married Man?

I've been with a married man the last two years. I knew he was married from the start. I also knew they have no relationship. We slept on Skype quite often. He sleeps on the couch every night. So I believe when he says they aren't sexual. They do have kids together, quite a few. A divorce at this point would suck him dry and she's played her cards right to keep him around for as long as possible.
He would have times when he couldn't come "home" quite so much but mostly he spent after work with me until 8 pm every night and one day of the weekend. He split his time evenly. I got depressed cause I didn't have a car and had to rely on him. Money got tight and my options were limited. We had disagreements about a baby. I wanted that connection with him. He gave plenty of reasons for no, but one was how he would hide it from his wife. His age was a factor, he's 43. He's said she knows he sees other people and she does too but he didn't want to flaunt it. He had a girl of 7 years cheat on him with the same wants so he is insecure about it. He also said that if I ever got pregnant he'd leave me. He apologized and said he just wanted me to know how serious he was.
I moved in with my parents to save money for a car. Now he's trying to break up with me. Says that I deserve someone who can give me a baby. It's not a deal breaker for me. I think he is scared that me moving will lead to the same stuff with his ex. I'm left wondering if I've been kidding myself. I know most times this stuff doesn't work out with married men and maybe he was just using me for sex. It didn't feel like that at all, though. He didn't act like it. He's not taken anything down in his online profiles that involve me yet, so that's confusing. But what if I did fall accidentally pregnant? I want a man that would stick my me through thick and thin. I don't know if I should fight for him. I love him so much but him trying to break up with me has me wondering if I was being used or it's his insecurities.

21

What Guys Said 1

• It really doesn't work. He obviously just doesn't have enough resources to take care of you and his wife.

What Girls Said 2

• Dating a married man has no benefit. Move on, this whole affair shouldn't have happened anyway. Find a nice single man that will treat you right.

• It sounds like he's not willing to offer you anything more than what you have now. If you want more, you should probably find a new boyfriend.