How should a girl get over a breakup?

Recently I had to leave him because I felt sort of neglected. Things just weren't going too well. I felt that I showered him with much more attention than he gave me. No girl deserves a guy that won't treat her like royalty, because every girl deserves a king. β™‘ How can I get over this, though? He usually gets depressed when I leave him and so do I... we just miss each other like crazy. I get jealous now when I see other couples because I just want it to be me. Please help. πŸ˜₯

819

Most Helpful Guy

• well i was exactly that guy, we were long distance, and I pretty much gave up my social life to be with my ex on Skype. Many reasons were involved in that decision, but i won't get into that. My girlfriend felt neglected because I was always depressed, she showered me with love but i had a hard time reciprocating over a webcam. Time apart will make him realize just exactly what he means to you and you to him. He can go off and find another girl and you can go off and find another guy. In the end the same thing may happen after a while. That is when we realize sometimes we have to accept certain people for who they are, and if they love us. I loved her very much, but she didn't think so. i think about her everyday it's been 5 months since I've seen or talked to her. I've been through break ups before but I can say 100% that this was the girl I wanted to marry one day. I just wish we could have at least stayed friends. Now everytime I find a girl attractive, i feel guilty and she is constantly popping into my head. Everyone is different though, I don't want to date anyone but her. Yet the loneliness is overwhelming. The thought that one day I will get over her also makes me feel sick yo my stomach because I truly do love her. Believe that people can change with time and once they realize what they have lost. I did but I will never have her back, but I did because It is the only way to make up for the neglect i put her through.

• Wow... you truly sound just like him. My heart nearly jumped when you mentioned you're kind of in the same place as me. I actually almost thought it was him. πŸ˜‚ I'm so sorry you've lost her, I know it wasn't your fault. I truly hope you find a very loving and caring and incredible woman someday, and perhaps you will be able to heal from her. πŸ’— I have a strong feeling that he might feel the exact same way you do about me and the breakup... but possibly worse, though I don't want to admit it. 😞 We had such great chemistry and intimacy and he even expressed that he never had something 'real' like this and that he believes it's how love feels. πŸ˜­πŸ’” I miss him terribly and this is definitely going to be hard for us both... but I just had to do what I felt was best. I hope you find someone new someday, hopefully next time it'll be a much more meaningful experience. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—

Most Helpful Girl

• Is this the one you wrote the mytake about intimacy about? In that, you mentioned you hadn't met in person yet... and that can kill almost any relationship. The mytake was great, by the way.

Long distance is fine, as long as there's visits and an end date. People have to do it sometimes, for one reason or another. A relationship just has to have an in person element at some point though, otherwise it is easy to get to a place you just can't deepen it any further. All the little in person things we all take for granted (or get irritated by, lol) are what makes a relationship keep deepening. It's about shared, lived experiences. If you never get to see how their eyes light up when your out for a walk together, or how they always trip over that one step, it's hard to live life in a replay mode where things are either past or you're stuck to a screen/phone.

How to get past it? Work on you. Get back your hobbies, give yourself the attention and efforts you have the relationship. Find something you like to do during the times you used to spend on the phone/computer with him. Let it be as it is, or seriously consider being in physical proximity if you want him back. Sometimes timing and distance mean it's impossible, for now. If you cared for him, wish for him to put the effort I to himself too, and grow and find happiness. Maybe you'll be able to see if it'd work in the future, or maybe you'll just learn about yourself and what you want/need in a future relationship. You can love somebody but not have it work out.

• so true

• You're welcome. It's perfectly acceptable to have something painful drop you to your knees. You're human, you have a heart. What matters is that you keep getting yourself back up. As many times as you have to. And smile, and get going again. 😊 best to you, my friend.

• I love you to the moon and back, never forget that. πŸ’•

Sponsored

What Guys Said 18

• Focus more on bettering yourself. Think about what you could improve, not for others, but for you. After doing such, you'll find that serving yourself is much more fun than being at the beck and call of others.

Additionally, 'twould be better to have more realistic expectations for relationships. It's sometimes best to drop the treating each other like royalty and just upgrade to treating each other like lovers. Know that the both of you have limits. And, love is trial and error. It's likely that you won't find the person right for you without weeding through a few others for experience.

• Fill up your life with other activities, especially ones with no reference to what you and he did in the past. When doing this, begin to hang out with people that do the new activities as well.

• so wait, when you had it, it wasn't enough. now that's gone, you want it back?
    stop worrying about what other people have... that would help.

• and if you read the question, you'd understand. I treated him better than he treated me. I felt neglected, which is why I left. But that doesn't mean I don't miss him.

• yea I got that, that's what I mean by not good enough...
      anyways its always going to be one sided one way or the other. but going back, is just going back to the same thing so yea just get over it. lol it takes a few weeks or like how ever long till you meet someone new.

• How to get over a breakup, just find things to do with friends and get out of the house, take a walk get some fresh air. Go out to local mall and treat yourself to a meal and try meeting up new friends. When we get out that's when we meet people.

• are you willing to settle? Most girls do because they think the current or recent guy is the best they can expect. i can tell you from a guy's perspective, the sexy girl is the self-confident, fun, energetic type. she makes no excuses, she loves herself and is kind to others. She also lets the guy know she can be a loyal partner.. there are a few other things, but compatibility is huge following the short list. 😉

• What i can say to you is you should work on you and the right guy will come to you don't let one person stop you or stress you out there are 8billion people in this world somebody will be right for you plus you are very beautiful and young you got more power than you think

• Find support, spend time with family, friends or both.

Start discovering things that you like to do again.

Slowly rebuild your happiness.

When you get back to your happy place again, the right person will come along.

• talk to him with an open mind settle it down bcoz to get trust on other guy it takes much time now so its better to call him and speak truth

• If you both regret the decision, get back together. But if you plan on staying single, do everything you can to cut him off. Keeping contact, at least for me, hurts a lot more than cutting off. If you constantly see him, you'll think about him even more.

• you can find a new one

• Text me or contact me 😉.
    ...
    1st. don't try to forget all its your past... you can't erase it. 2nd Spend time with your friends...
    3rd bath (optional)
    4th. Watch Anime (My desire)

• Every girl deserves a king until she says you're moving "too fast" then she just disappears. Been there done that. Make up your mind girls!!

• If you want a king, then you are supposed to be below him. If you want royalty, you need a servant instead...

• I'd say let's go out... 😬

• scotch and weed and finding a new hobby.

• get with another guy right away.

• Rushing into another relationship could make me wind up getting hurt again.

• Ithink you should just lower expectations of relationship

What Girls Said 7

• Well it's over, it didn't work out.
    Just delete his number, delete the pictures you guys took together that are on social media. Find something to keep you occupied, focus on something that matters and stay flawless and take care of yourself because you are single and at any moment your perfect match can come out of nowhere and you really don't want look ugly... :)
    Have fun with your friends, go out, plan your 2017 vacation and enjoy your life! Imagine that the day after your break-up was your last day on earth? would you spend it thinking about your ex? Hell Naw so get over it :)

• DON'T jump right into another relationship. Take some time to be by yourself. If he loves you, he won't let you go so easily.

• I am in the same situation girl. all i can say is you would not have broken off you simply should go to him and say that you are being neglected and you do not like that. and besides leaving him, start ignoring him little. So that it hurts him too. go and patchi up and try this. it works.

• awweeee thank you baby πŸ˜­πŸ’— im so sorry you are going through it as well, know that everything will be okay!! β™‘β™‘ you will find someone who loves you for the beautiful soul you are.

• Np baby😘😘

• Getting over a breakup is like reminded a fangirl that fictional characters are fictional; bloody difficult. But the best thing what I can suggest for you, is work on yourself. Find things that you enjoy doing and then expand on them. Show your ex that he is missing out on one hell of a woman.

• Distract yourself, go on social media a few times, if not chat with friends or have a new crush. Maybe watch a series. Just do anything that distracts you easily.

• Thanks babe! πŸ˜˜πŸ’—surely I will take time to myself... and if it's meant to be, we will come back together some way, somehow. β™‘

• Your welcome 😊❀

• Eat ice cream and drown in netflix lol

• I have no ice cream and can't afford to pay for Netflix right now...

• youtube and cookies?

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ perhaps. I mean getting condolences from a lot of other guys helps, but some try flirting with me and I'm just not ready for another relationship right now.

• Stay busy with things that make you happy, know it is their loss to not be with you, have some self respect, and move on.