Should I break up?

I have been dating this guy for 7 months now. It's been fine and I love him. The problem is I can't give him all the love he deserves. I don't feel like I have all my liberty, like he forbids me some stuff like dying my hair, going out...
The worst is I cheated on him last week. It was with a good friend of mine which I think I have feelings for. The thing is that this friend doesn't want to date at the moment, he wants fuck buddies while he enjoys his freedom after a 3 year relationship.
I have talked to my boyfriend about breaking up and he cried which hasn't happened for years. I felt really bad.
I know I am bad for him and I am going to break his heart, if not already. I feel like I can't give love to someone as I cannot even love myself.
I know I won't date that other guy and will end up alone. I do have feelings for him though. And I do love my boyfriend, truly.
But has anyone been through a similar situation? Should I break up with him? Will I regret that because in the end I will not be able to date that other guy? I'm afraid to stay with him just because I don't want to be alone and hurt him.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me state my mere opinion on this situation. Break up. He deserves a better girlfriend. Cheating on somebody is a absolutely unacceptable and a disgusting thing to do. If he forbids you about those things why don't you talk with him? Unfortunately, instead your cheating had perhaps change his whole perspective of love and what a relationship really is. Apologize him and leave

Most Helpful Girl

• cheating on someone is honestly one of the worst things you can do in my opinion. breaking up with someone hurts less then cheating. when someone gets cheated on their whole perspective of love is changed. they lose their trust for everyone. they can't bring themselves to love or trust anyone else. when you cheat on someone you break them. honestly. you just need to break up wit him. buh before you go around hookin up wit other guys you needa look back at what you did. and make sure your not gonna do it to another guy. yes it's gonna hurt him. and possibly you to when you leave him. but i think it's what you need. 7 months isn't something you can just forget right away. and it's gonna take sum time. but none of us on here can force u to break up wit him buh at least consider all this advice.

What Guys Said 4

• he's bad for you.

• End the relationship. You cheated, you have already broken the most sacred rule of relationships

• he is sad now but i believe that you will miss him in the future and he won't love you. You will miss old days and it won't be important.

• I think you should

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!