How do I end things with this guy I've been seeing?

I've been seeing this guy for maybe month. Long story short he just a little more into me than I am to him. He's 31 and I just turned 27 in march, and he's already set in his life... he's a military OBGYN and I'm a student who runs a small business... who is fine but he wants something I don't, and that is marriage and a family, aaand I don't.
I've been on dates with him, met his friends so on the second "date" and slept over his place. We've had dinner and went to movies but I'm just not feeling him. And I know you guys are prob thinking I'm stupid because he's nice but I don't want to continue something with someone I don't see a future with.

I do not plan on ghosting him.
I just don't know wether or not to text him or say it in person. In person might be awkward and text feels disconnected from my feelings. What do you guys think. I plan on saying this:

I really like you and I've enjoyed spending time with you, but I don't think I'm the right girl for you. You and I want different things in life right now and because I don't want the same, I think it would be best if we end this on a happy note.

What do you guys think? Say it tomorrow over text or in person?

Also if you have any suggestions on how I can maybe change or rephrase the wording then please lmk.
I worded it short and sweet without using any blame toward him nor I. It's no ones fault and I want him to have closer. I want to be mature about this because I would want the same.
* closure

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Face to face is more respectful way to do it. While text is the simple way and less confrontational way to do it.

• I want to do it in person... but I don't know how, you know? it's going to be so awkward after that.

• You'd want it face to face?

• I would but I can understand reasons why a girl would text it. I wouldn't get mad but other guy's might not be able to handle it.

Most Helpful Girl

• "I really like you and I've enjoyed spending time with you, but I don't think I'm the right girl for you. You and I want different things in life right now and because I don't want the same, I think it would be best if we end this on a happy note"

THIS

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• You can't ever end something on a happy note, don't kid yourself. Text is easier, doesn't matter. Just make sure you go ghost afterward.

• Yeah I plan to go ghost after.
      I was writing a rewriting the text last night in a note app trying to find the right words and my friend suggested he and I don't stay friends too.

• Speaking to him would be the best thing to do because it is more mature and dosent send a wrong signal about you

• It's going about it and the awkward situation after is something I can deal with. :|

• Do I invite him to lunch or coffee or? I don't date often. I'm sorry I probably sound stupid...

• Well you are listening to a guy who has never been on a date before... And yo sound perfectly alright... You could just meet him some place less intimidating like to a park or somewhere else. Inviting him to a lunch or a coffee would only make things worse as he would be in for a surprise as he would be thinking you were inviting hime because you wanted to see him. I would like to know what your differences are

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!