Is it too creepy?

I have recordings of my ex playing music. It's been months since things ended, but I still play the recordings on my phone because they calm me and help me sleep. I feel like a creep sleeping with his music playing next to my head but it works. Is it a bit out of line or does it seem okay to do this?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not creepy, no, not at all. However, you need to ask yourself if it's helping you to let go or if it is keeping you stuck in the past. Acceptance is a vital part of getting over a breakup. Progress is built on that acceptance.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm. I know some people might judge this as creepy but I don't think so. Music is music and maybe his voice still soothes you. Even if you're not together, it's okay to still listen to him as an artist or someone who sings.
    Think of it this way. Ed Sheeran dates a girl, they break up; does that mean she's not allowed to listen to Ed's music any more?
    You're not being creepy, don't worry. Just maybe don't tell people.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Not really creepy if it helps you sleep, but is it holding you back from moving on? Maybe find a substitute if it isn't allowing you to move on, else it's completely fine.

• it's completely normal to listen to your ex. the reason that it calms you is because their voice had always been inside your head when you were with them. l, and you miss being with them.

So my suggestion, don't think much and enjoy the music

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!