How to get over someone?

I got out of a very confusing and hard to deal with relationship. I still care a lot about the guy... a bit too much if you ask me... how do I get over him? I tried everything but I seem to just come back to him... its really annoying help!

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Be patient. It takes time and there are no shortcuts. The more you think about when you will get past it, the more you are thinking about it in general. Just get on with life. Accept that it's a process, that there will be ups and downs and that progress will be incremental and will be punctuated by the occasional step back. Know that you are healing even when you don't feel like you are. Time will continue to dilute the feelings and the pain until it hardly registers anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cut any contact with him, unfollow him on social media, do not see anything about him or talk about him at all! When u no longer see or hear anything related to him, u will eventually forget him... I've done it before and yes it worked

What Guys Said 6

• Block him from everything, no contact either in person or online or text, focus on yourself and the things you love to do, hang out with friends and family to keep your mind off him, and don't spend too much time alone.

• Go hang out with people, have fun!! And focus on other stuff right now instead of him. you're still young

• tbh just fuck someone else and it goes over real quickly. kinda harsh but yeah.

• see he calls me a whore... I am not... I don't want him to be right on that

• if he's out of your life he wouldn't know, who cares anyway. I'm just saying for me thats the best way all feeling disappear lol

• Why care what he thinks at all? That's the problem... you are dwelling on what ONE person thinks of you! He is an EX... he is ancient history... you don't need to care at all what this one person thinks of you.

• endure missing him every single day if it was real for you. time will take care of the rest.

• The problem with giving young girls advice, is that they still don't listen.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!