Shutting social media off after boyfriend ghosted me?

He just start talking small words, and he just stop talking to me after almost 5 years in a relationship. He only said good morning or did eat? Stuff like that and i am like dude for real i decided to block him from sw and i am going to get a social media detox because is the best for me and also sooner or later he will contact me. I will temporaly turn off fb, ig, snapchat. I am tired of his games and if things will end, it will end like this. Cause i will not talked to him i didn't do nothing wrong

Most Helpful Girl

• How long has he stopped talking to you for? Sometimes a social media break is good , I've done that before and immediately felt less stressed. Is he still able to talk to you over text or email if he needs to?

• It was like 2 days then today he just said good morning, how are you? Didn't speak until noon that he asked me if i ate something? And then he dissapear again. I don't know wtf is wrong with him. But i am not into playing those games. And yes only email or text

• @Cheveya9653 Yes, he texted me! He was only asking stuff and i answered them, it wasn't a normal conversation, also he was online and he didn't talk neither so... I asked myself what's wrong... but since then we haven't talked or text anymore. My friend told me that he put on his fb status like. "That's the way you tell how much a person cares about you" and am i like seriously

• Then do something for yourself. Message Him Directly, and tell him how he's making you feel as he's being cryptic. don't be mean about it but calmly tell him that it hurts you that he isn't being as communicative as he used to be and you would like to talk with him more. tell him you love him (or you miss him) and that you want their to be more communication between the two of you if your relationship is going to continue strongly. then wait and see how he responds. however I do also suggest that while you are waiting for him to start talking to you again that maybe you rethink your standing with this guy and do what's right for you and your heart.

What Guys Said 5

• this is a pretty smart move on your part social things seem to bring out the dumb in some people. i hope it works for you.

• You're placing way too much importance on some kind of electronic communication. This is not how real connected people relate to each other. You get no emotion and no body language, so you're missing half of what's being communicated.

• So i shouldn't shut off social media... so what should i do then? I just want to teach him a lesson.

• It's not your place to be teaching another adult. You're wasting your energy.

• You don't want to play games but by just ignoring him like this you are playing games too. Just tell him you it makes you feel

• True! But the thing is why should i be the bigger person? That's what he wants... he wants me to fix his mess. I friend told me that he told her that's the way that you notice how much a person loves you" i mean for real?

• Ok? What's your question? Sooner enough he's gonna contact you. You should just block him from everything.

• Pretty sad way for a 5 year relationship to come to an end.

What Girls Said 8

• Considering you've been together 5 years I wouldn't just cut him off. He may be quieter and more distant coz he's upset or down about something that you are unaware of.

I'd talk to him first to find out what's going on and why he's not very responsive to you lately.

• If it were me I'd confront him and ask him directly what his deal is, and then depending on what he says either work it out or say goodbye. I don't think social media is the problem here. It's the guy.

• Do you actually know this person in real life or has it been 5 years online and you've never met?

• Well, you just answered your own question :)

• also black his number in your phone

• You know you can just ignore him you don't have to shut down your whole social media for a guy

• You are allowing external factors get involve. Neither are mature to deal as adults.

Also anger, resentment involve.
    Work on communication. If you are not happy, and not moving forward towRds happiness, marriage... It's time to end like an adult.
    Good luck

• You sound petty. In your age group, you should be able to have an adult conversation especially given you've been in a relationship five years.

He probably doesn't even realise he did anything wrong. And if he is trying to cut you out slowly by responding less so you'll delete and block him then he'll probably say good riddance to bad rubbish.