If you somehow learned that an ex of yours is doing really shitty in life would it give you pleasure?

Especially if its an ex you hated?

3811
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 38

• Not unless he had treated me really badly, which would only apply to one.

All the others, I want to hear they're doing well, and I like to imagine, whether it's true or not, that if they are doing well somehow I had something to do with it. I probably didn't, but I'll try to fool myself into thinking I did.

I stay in touch with a few of them.

• My ex was my first 'true love' (or so I thought) and I was absolutely head over heels, completely taken with him. Before he cheated on me and left me in the worst mental state I've been, to this day, for two years or so.

This wouldn't make me gain any sort of pleasure from learning that me might be 'doing shitty' in life right now, though. I wish nothing bad upon him. His actions were nothing to be proud of but I choose not to base my entire opinion of a person off of a few cherry-picked instances.

• No, but honestly... I'd be completely indifferent. I don't know if that makes me a terrible person, but it's true.

• I don't know if pleasure is the right word but I have a shitty ex and it gives me satisfaction knowing where he is at in his life.

• I probably should be, but I'm too compassionate so no it wouldn't make me happy.

• Wouldn't really think about it.

• Even though it can be nice to think about I'm not the type of person who gets pleasure by other people's misfortunes. So no, probably not.

• Absolutely.

I hope he is in a dead end job, single, ugly and no future.

• No of course not.

• If I hated my ex then yeah, at least a little happy.

• i dont hate anybody... maybe i would think its karma, but it wouldn't bring me pleasure..

• No, I'd want each of us to grow after the relationship.

• I wouldn't get pleasure from it but I'd be thinking... serves him right and move on.

• Nah, I'm not like that.

• no, that would hurt me. i want the best for him. he's a beautiful, generous person.

• my ex was an assh*le and really hurt me... i wouldn't care less

• No. If there was an ex that I really hated, I wouldn't even bother to remember him nevermind care about how he's doing in life.

• No, I don't wish for people to have it rough. I would maybe feel a little bad for them but I wouldn't really give them that much thought, just like you wouldn't if it was a stranger.

• Nope. Not at all. I would feel bad for him.

• Eh not really, who cares.

• Not going to lie, but yeah I secretly would 🙄 Lol

• Nope that doesn't give me any pleasure at all. Anyone that does feel happy about that is a shitty person.

• As long as they leave me alone.

• Not at all. Knowing me, because I'm just that nice, I would check up on them.

• Oh, I already know. And yeeesssss it does. >:)

• i don't think i would feel pleasure

• If we broke up on good terms then no I wouldn't be happy about it. If I hated him and he was terrible then yes, it'd make me happy.

• I wouldn't care

• No. I only have 1 serious ex and we're still friends

• It would give me a sense of odd satisfaction, I believe.

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 11

• I actually had this exact situation happen last year. She sent me a friend request after having not spoken for five years. I was curious, so I quickly browsed her Facebook page and learned that her husband wanted a divorce and that her mother had died.

No, I was not happy that things were going badly for her, even though she was terrible to me.

• No, I don't hold petty grudges. I don't really care what happens to her, good or bad. She's out of my life.

• Not at all.
    In fact, it's a reality for one of my exes. I helped her with good advice but she choose not to follow it. Then she asked money. My pockets were sewn.

• Unfortunately more people than not get a kick out of the fact that others are doing worse than them... gives them a mental boost, ego boost

I personally don't care. Hell with her and hell with everyone else too

• I meant I don't care for the first part I said

For my ex, Yea I would care... And I would want to help her

• No probably not.

• Naaah, when i moved on i moved on. i couldn't care less about them then

• Yes and no.

• No, I dont hate any of my exs

• Theoretically it would if I hated her, and it would make me feel really shitty too. But I try not to keep negative feelings around, and such, I do not really hate any previous partner.

• Just for a second maybe