Space? Is it real or just a cop out?

Been dating this guy for 5 mnths he says he's in love with me. We have our first huge fight. He tells me lets take some time to think about what this is, analyze the situation and see if we still want to be together. Its been a week now, he has not called or even text to see how Im doing. Did I just get dumped? Is he just not interested anymore? Is he ever going to call me? Or does he really need time to think? If he really loved me wouldn't he have reached out to me by now?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• you were dumped no guy does that if there serious about a girl they at least call or text or leave some kind of message on your answering machine if people still use those. lol

Most Helpful Girl

• A week without contact at all seems too. much of a "space" for me. He should at least let you know he is still alive and able to think and talk.

• I feel the same way. How could someone go from being the most considerate loving affectionate person I've ever known to completely disappearing? I just dont understand.

• maybe he did... Its like dude dont be a coward if you dont want to be with me then come out with it why keep me in the guessing game?

• Then initiate contact

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• this question was amazing before I read the description

I was just like "wait is space not real :o"

• What was the fight about? I think that's an important detail. It sounds like he's in a big sulk at the very least.

• I flew to see him (long distance relationship) when i got there he was very different he wasn't as affectionate he was distant. I kept asking him what was wrong and he said nothing. As a woman having your man love you and show you affection is important especially when you are flying 4k miles to see him. I didn't get that from him the whole trip. The last night of my trip we went out with friends and family and he didn't ask me to dance. His cousin asked me to dance he pushed me to go dance with him so i finally said yes and i turn around and he was dancing with his friend. It pissed me off and I pulled him outside and we argued about it he called me insecure and I told him he was being disrespectful. I had to leave the next morning and we never really resolved anything... a few days later he said that night hurt him how I reacted and WE needed to evaluate our relationship.

• It sounds to me like he dropped the ball. Okay, there is a chance that you were looking a bit too hard for reassurance but then he could have easily given that and he didn't. You made an exceptional effort to go and see him and he really didn't make you feel like it was worth it. Now he has gone silent and that doesn't feel like a good sign. Personally, I wouldn't wait for him. I would just focus on moving on. At the very least he is being childish. At the worst he lacks the courage to tell you that he's not interested. Either way, why should you sit around in limbo and wait for him? Life is too short and people are infinitely replaceable.

• Thank you it really means a lot

• For a moment there I thought you meant outer space. Now outer space is DEFINITELY a cop out lol 😁😁😁

• In one way, it depends on what you fought about. A simple apology could work. Also, he doesn't have to be the one who starts the conversation. If you want to try and make it work, sometimes you have to start the conversation and try to solve the issue.

• He said I never let him take initiative and that Im always trying to control the situation. If I call him even though I want to work things out wouldn't that be me trying to control when he is ready to talk... if he is ever ready to talk?

• Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it.

• That's what I'm here to do. Hopefully everything goes ok

• it's just a cop out. people that love each other don't need space

• we have a long distance relationship. We have a lot of space from each other already but this much time to at least reach out and say hey I hope you are ok. Maybe he doesn't really love me.

• it doesn't sound like it but I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well

• He been wanting out for awhile and found his excuse with the fight.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!