What is a coping skill you have or something you do to cope when you're upset?

I clean when I'm upset. And if there's nothing to clean I organize things.

821

Most Helpful Guy

• I've found music to be my way to cope with unpleasant emotions.

If I'm sad, I play guitar and write lyrics. I try to use the emotions as an inspiration for a song. It's kind of a grim example, but when I received a phone call of a friend's passing some time ago, I wrote a bit of an acoustic song. It was kind of my pressure release valve to help get through the moment.

If I'm angry, I go and play drums. It tends to be a good way to get out frustration since it is high energy. Making loud noises and hitting things makes me feel better haha.

I think part of the reason why music helps me quite is not just because of being able to throw emotions into the instrument, but also getting something to be proud of in return-- a song. It lets me channel the emotions into something positive, and I always feel happier when I make a song I like (or get a good riff idea, beat, etc.). I don't know if that makes any sense, but hey-- it works for me lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I isolate when I am upset. First, no one wants to be Debbie Downer, but honestly, I need time to myself to gain perspective. I find that when I have a problem, other people always want to tell me what I "should" do. Most of the time, I have the best solution already, but I need to step back from the noise to clearly see it.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 20

• Acceptance is the key to all my problems. There is nothing worth wasting time thinking about something that has already happened. it is over with the time has passed and the only control i have is right at this moment right now. so it is time to move on. It's just not worth getting emotionally uptight that only makes things worse.

• When I am upset I just think why I am upset and then insolve that issue or rectify that thing

If I am not able to rectify that thing, i think more deeply (because there are no problems who do jot have solution)

I keep my kind calm, and concentrate on the solution and next moment I AM HAPPY AGAIN!!!😀😀😀

It really feels happy when u solve the problem that made u unhappy!!!

That's life

SEE, LEARN, FALL, GETUP, WALK, RUN, WIN!!!

• I work out or eat or drink a lot of alcohol.

• Music, exercise or practicing martial arts techniques. :)

• Do you get upset often? Cause we could really use you in the grocery store I work at. We stock 48,000 items. We'll keep you cleaning and organizing forever. :)

• Yah I have depression and I'm fighting it without medications so I clean almost every day so I'm not depressed.

• Ok, so, say you had to explain it to someone who had no idea what you're facing. What would you tell them?

• I'd tell them it's a mental illness that makes you depressed for often no reason, even if it's Christmas and a great day it can make you depressed. It can make the best moments turn bad. If makes you sad, empty, and sometimes numb emotionally. It takes away all your motivation sometimes.

• Sleep.. music... calling the most loved person to discuss and talk something else as well just to distract myself..

• I watch movies.. It takes me outta any moment and into the movie... And listen to music and pace something..

• meditation, looking at the bigger picture, video games, getting out into nature, forgiving, listening to music, friends. there are many avenues to take, although, even I've been broken before.

• I play my guitar. It's gives something to do. I enjoy playing it when there's nothing to do on the internet.

• Drink water and excercise, burn fats and make muscle

• sleep.. listen to music..

• Build strength and muscle while listening to Vegeta changing form...

• well I am a DJ and a body builder so I either listen to music/make music or exercise. Memes also help too 😂

• I listen to music or hang out with friends.

• I do sports !!

• clean and organise my stuff

• food lots and lots of food

• smoke

• I listen to music while cleaning or go for a walk or ride my bike

• kick ass and chew bubblegum, until im all out of gum

What Girls Said 7

• I used to eat or cook, now I do yoga

• I either workout or take long drives.

• i clean, paint, play my piano, dance

• I'm the same. I go on a cleaning spree

• I color, talk to someone, dishes, paint, get out of the house go window shopping..

• I write in my journal.

• I listen to really harsh kind of vulgar and mean rap music. Like Nicki minaj or eminem or I'll listen to Gabrielle aplin