My ex won't give me my belongings back. Should I get police involved?

I've been extremely nice and lenient about him returning my iPod and a ring my mother gave me. He says my iPod is in his friend's dorm and he didn't have a way of getting there. I offered to drive him there to get and he just read my message and didn't reply. I texted him again via Instagram and said that if he sold or lost my iPod, he needs to tell me. I also stated that if he didn't cooperate, I was going to get the police involved. He just read the message and blocked me. This is ridiculous and I didn't want to be a bitch and take it this far, but I feel like I have to now. I've returned his things without trouble, why can't he return mine? Pls help...

215

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably thinks you're bluffing about rhe police.

But when you've said it and he just ignores it and still doesn't return your stuff, you should repeat if one more time, enforce that you're serious about it and if he still ignores it, you should really go to the police, explain the situation, show them you chats about it (if they wanna see it as evidence that you're not making this up) and they will know what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• he's a asshole thats why or he likes to dress up. Sue him for your items

What Guys Said 14

• If calling the cops is being a bitch then be a bitch.. its your stuff.

• The property is yours. Call the police.

• if your ex is refusing send the cops in to retrieve and if your exs refuses to hand them over a arrest soon follows

• You're not a bitch, he's just a dick. By all means call the police.

• call the cops and make him pay..

• You need to get list of all the things he has of yours and call the police and tell them you need your stuff back.

• civil matter.

• he is a dickhead. try to get a male friend to tell him to bring it back. if you don't have anyone tell him that you will call the police...

• yes you should.

• call police

• lol you don't need to think twice, you are doing the right thing.. call the police

• Yes you should

• yeah get that motherfucker

• Yes, call police and see what they can do.. you could file theft charges

What Girls Said 1

• Don't wait. Just do it. Call them