Why do some men have a constant need for attention that they have secret profiles?

217

Most Helpful Guy

• The reason is either one of ego or the desire to cheat, or both. Some guys can't resist having their ego stroked and their sexual appeal validated and there can never be enough sources for them. It's not enough to know that one girl is into them, they have to know that multiple girls can be into them.

Some guys will leave it at that, perhaps flirting a little but no more. Other guys will want to take it further, because no amount of validation is ever enough.

If a guy has a secret profile on the likes of Facebook that you aren't supposed to know about, then the likelihood is that he doesn't want you to know about it because what he does there might seriously piss you off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they're attention seekers and want to get their game on.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 16

• Why would they habe secret profiles if they seek attention? Wouldn't it be the other way around?

• I'd rather say, they have secret profiles, because it's easier to talk about something anonymously (see trolls...)

• secret from his wife.

• Oh, I see. Well that's simply because there's a lot of rediculessly jelous people out there who believe their partner might cheat on them, just because he/she is talking with other people of the opposite gender. So it prevents trouble to keep an account like this secret.

• My guess? Constant reminders that they are desired... that's my best guess

• what? are you talking about people here or somewhere else. please be specific to get an accurate answer.

• Same reasons women do. Love the attention.

• People like to lead double life's and get off on it. Sadly it's not just guys. Guess you got to ask yourself why he is doing this.

• Purely for attention and to possibly "act out".

• Umm please elaborate?

• I have 2 profiles, one public facing, the other private facing. It's not for attention, it's for protection. I get to freely be myself on my private profile without worrying about a crazy coworker using my personal information against me.

• Men these days are more ego driven and seem to have more narcissistic traits due to social media. The need for constant approval is likely connected to how men are treated by society. They are often not given praise unless they meet some extraordinary feat or are biologically "superior" in some way - athletic, tall, handsome..

• How does that lead to more attention?

• I don't get what you mean. If they put it on private, isn't it the exact opposite?

• secret profiles? what do you mean?

• I think it is usually for fun or trolls..

• attention whores, male version

• same reason women do.. they're horny

• Why do women? It's probably for the same reason.

What Girls Said 1