LDR boyfriend wants to break up and get back together later on?

My long distance boyfriend told me that he can't do LDR anymore bcos he scared he cannot resist the temptation (his tempted into affection kind instead of sex) and hurt me even more if he did not quit. Then i wanted to break up but he keep delaying and giving him more time to think what he really needs and wants. In the end we decided to break up even tho we still love each other so much.

But we made a deal like we are just "temporarily separated" bcos we agree after he finish army which is in 1,5 years time we will go back together as a couple. While we both are separated we still text each other everyday even though not as much and we are okay with each other if we see a new partner but break up as soon as he finish army.

The question is:

1. isn't it weird like he still love me, but he cannot resist the temptation? I mean if he loves me he would be able to resist, right?

2. do you think such "temporary separated" term exist and possible? he said if he happen to date a girl it's only for the sake of filling in the gap of me bcos I am not together with him to give him support in real life. and do you think is there possibilities for him to develop feeling if he happen to date a new girl?

3. is this relationship worth fighting for?

Thanks guys! sorry for the long question!

32

Most Helpful Guy

• he can't resist temptation of other women. it's better to end it and not go back.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. If he loves you, he would be able to resist because others simply can't compare.
    2. No. Asking to be temporaily separated is really saying, I want to explore other options and if I don't find other options I like more then let's get back together. It's basically making you his plan B in case plan A falls through. If he starts dating a new girl, to fill in the gap of not having you, to give him emotional support and physical satisfaction, of course there's a chance for him to develop feelings. He's getting emotional support from her. They're going to date, do things together, make memories.
    3. Ultimately, that's up to you. Personally, if he wants to break up, I would just let him go. It seems he wants to explore other options without cheating while he's deployed. And sure, you could try to hold onto him, but honestly, if he's deployed and it's ldr, if he wants to explore he could explore and you'd never know. I would break up with him and just go our separate ways, no understanding of getting back together. I'm no one's plan B. I deserve his full attention, not to be shuffled off to the side when it's inconvenient (when he's deployed) and then brought back when it's convenient (when he comes back and decides to settle down because he didn't find anyone else he liked more during our "break").

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• He has to learn to love you. A real man would love you more than the temptation.

What Girls Said 2

• Nope been there didn't work out

• Yes.. I would say if he loves you like he claims he should be able to resist temptations.. He might later fall in love with another girl... But what if he doesn't? Will the feeling still be there between you two?