Ex is talking but doesn't want back in?

I dated this girl for about a year then we broke up and have been apart for 2 months. She messaged me last night and explained she doesn't want to get back with me but that she wants to be close friends. I don't know what I should do because she broke my heart and now thinks she can walk back into my life as if nothing happened. Yet on the other hand, she did say she didn't want to get back with me. I just am confused as to what she wants.

Most Helpful Girl

• she wants to play with your emotions. she wants you to still have feelings for her and she just uses you. so you can't be happy with someone else. it's selfish. you can do better leave her alone for good !

Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 5

• Don't let her back in. She misses you and wants her cake and to eat it to. The smart thing to do is to tell her you're not interested in friendship and if she changes her mind to let you know and then stop talking with her. If she keeps trying, tell her the same thing over and over again.

• gotta sing that hell no meme to her cause you can't be close friends with your ex. doesn't work that way cause of past feelings

• she doesn't want to get back with you (bf GF). She does want to be friends.

• And your advice is?

• Think about what you stand to get out of a friendship with her, and what the cost is. If she's a good friend, may e shell help you get a new girlfriend, but I imagine it would hurt to be around her and watch her start dating etc., So you need to ask yourself what you stand to lose and gain by being just her friend.

In my experience girls are rarely good friends. They kind of expect the perks of being a girlfriend, but none of the costs of being a friend, but it's up to you.

• Wait so you're saying that girls want to be treated like a girlfriend without having to be faithful to one guy?

• i dont even know why you are even entertaining this right now. you should just let it be and move on

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.