What do you think of people who committed suicide after a break up?

1111
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 11

• there were not strong enough to handle being left due to the fact they put to much time into the relationship when the other person only saw it as a temporary thing. which can be very devastating to someone very young.

and while i feel for them fr them to try that shows me there not really strong enough to handle anything like that and should wait till they are ready.

• I hate that people just think it's bc of that.. it can be also bc u were raped and love was your drug

• yeah but a person could commit suicide and people immediately believe it was bc of the break up only, they don't wonder if there was something else... never

• they would if they knew the situation but if your like me and they dont care as long as you call tothem to let them know where you at and alive they dont bother checking up on you.
      y0u got have an opem comunication with someone so at least some can know and help if it gets that bad so they can try and help.

i would not let a freind go thorough some personal hell due to some disagreement
      or something. life to me would be way more important than that friends dieing.

• It's super sad,, because I think the reason they are committing suicide isn't just because of the relationship, that was just the last straw or what have you. But if it hasn't gotten to that point yet but they're feeling that way, then I would encourage them to find varies things that make them feel valuable and motivated, and maybe to talk to more people about their feelings. I can understand their feelings but their life will probably get better in the future, every situation is only temporary.

• I would feel very sorry for them and their close ones.

Obviously its not a "smart" choice but its also not a logical one.

I would imagine they basically invested so much in the relationship tgat they felt their life was over. That is a foolish thing to do, but everyone makes mistaked even big ones like making the other the centre of your universe so you have nothing left outside of them.

• I think its quite sad, becauce...

... they will never find the person that would make them happy.

BECAUSE... there's no such thing as the perfect person, there's lots of perfect persons if we kee searching.

• sometimes people don't want a perfect person , they just want to end the pain that had a lot of history, and seeking love is not an option , it makes things worse

• Just dont kill yourself :(

Pains come in many forms, when we are not loved, when people we love die... etc
      If people used that method... we would be 3.5 billion people, and not 7 in the world.

dont do it :'(

• They're stupid

• u don't know their history

• Suicide is a way to show that you have lost your faith in yourself and no one else, you should never lose faith in yourself, try to think when did you cheat yourself, answer will be never, you did what you like, so why give a punishment to yourself, be mature and never lose faith in yourself, you are what you choosed to be and there is no shame in it. We are already naked in front of death. So a big no to suicide.

• It might be very harsh, but I consider them selfish, weak and shortsighted. A breakup, however bad is just change, change can always happen

• Yea, that's weird... The time they were together they thought the world revolves just for them

• people with a small wisdom.

• u don't know their history.. u don't know if they would kill them self even if they were in a relationship

• but life is the most valuable thing. many people are struggling for it daily. if someone is wasting it, they must be stupid. there is always a way.

• Completely reasonable. If my fiancĂ©e broke up with me i would do it too

• Life is about a lot more than what your first or second relationship offers you. At 16, even being engaged at all seems a bit premature. Surviving 5 or even 10 break-ups is not uncommon. To give up and want to die after one or two? Very shortsighted. Sometimes youth can distort a person's priorities. I hope you find a lot more meaning in life than just living for someone else--even if you are engaged to that person. Life is amazing! Never forget that.

• Right now, perhaps that is your situation. But life and circumstance change on a daily basis. The way things are now aren't the way things will always be. Life is full of opportunities for change and growth. Your future might be filled with things you can barely even imagine.

• There is one variable that means that unless one of us dies we won't be parting ways. I won't go into detail for our privacy but it is very real.

• As cliche as it sounds, time heals all wounds and no matter how much it hurts right now, they'll get over it in time.

What Girls Said 11

• that it was their choice. sadly if they had premarital sex that's exactly what end up happening. because of being tormented by the sexual choices and because it became one with a person who left them they feel they have nothing else left to live for. so they end up taking their life and and you pretty much know where this is going and it's not the good kind. you tell people to wait they don't want to listen. then they will have somebody to point the fingers to blame. person that broke up with them is not to blame for the suicide. but they all hold equal accountability for doing something that you had not been doing instead of waiting for marriage for that. in fact Studies have shown that those who are sexually active a more prone to Suicidal Thoughts or committing suicide than those who are not sexually active. so I can only go by facts and interpersonal experience. either way it is a sad situation one that must be dealt with. but since the world doesn't care you can only care about yourself and those that around you.

• sometimes a person had a really shitty past (rape sexual abuse) was depressed and love was her drug.. then there was no longer love..

• Alright I'm convinced in the case of teenagers. Not convinced that it applies to adults though.

• But I also am not totally convinced that casual sex is the direct cause of the behavior. It might be a side effect of their unhappiness in general, i. e. a way for them to escape reality

• My uncle just did that, my aunt broke up with him after he got a stroke and had to be disable. She went to Thailand and married a much younger, better looking guy than him and he committed suicide.

I think he had poor self worth.
    He found all his self worth from her, and made her to be some kind of "god" that determined his self worth or beauty or meaning to his life... his value instead of trusting in God to value him and tell him that he is wonderful that he is created just the way he is.

She was a terrible horrible person, she did not stay loyal to her vows to love him through good and bad times. I think he took that hate too personal. When people do hateful stuff, it doesn't mean that you did something wrong to deserve it and you must be worthless. It just means that they have no morals and it shows how little love they have when they don't stand by their word.

• It wasn't a direct result of the break up, they had underlying issues going on and the break up just triggered that reaction. It's unfortunate but had it not been the break up, something else would have triggered them to commit suicide

• I think they put a horrible, life-long burden on the person who broke up with them. That's a lot of guilt to pile on one person. Yes, they broke up with you. But do you want to destroy them just to end your own pain? I think a lot of people fail to realize that your emotions can be controlled and managed. You don't have to let them control you; it's meant to be the other way around.

• I dont think those who commit suicide after an ex leaves them are doing it to cause any pain to the ex. They simply can't deal with the abandonment and clearly have more mental health issues then just a breakup. I dont feel sympathy for the ex at all, just the person who chose to end things over it and for their family

• @xxmamichulaxx then you are probably fortunate enough to have never had to live with the trauma of having an ex kill themselves when you end the relationship. It's not something I would wish on anyone. You are right in that the suicidal person isn't thinking of the ex. The truth of it is that they aren't thinking about anyone but themselves. Suicidal people get tunnel vision, and they feel like the only people that matter are themselves. It's part of the ugliness of mental illness.

• No one is worth taking your life for. Its not the end of the world and there's so much more to be explored on this world. Committing suicide for something as small as a breakup is irrational and weak.

• what if there was more than the break up. u don't know their history

• it is a big thing if it was your drug.. u were raped and sexually abused, and falling in love made things easier , the breakup makes it harder

• You asked for my opinion and I gave it to you. You're entitled to your own opinion. I can't change your mindset if you dont want to change it. All Im talking about is from past experiences

• I understand how it hurts when you break up with someone you love but you have to learn how to accept it. After my break up I fucked up too many times at work, I am dazed all the time and small little things, people showing kindness makes me burst out to tears. i got drunk and feels like shit in the morning but thats it. I mourn like his dead because i love him to death. Yes you will feel like dying but you'll get through. People who take suicide after a break up are being selfish. The time they were together they thought the world revolves just for them. Its being selfish. Ill never thought of hurting myself because i know even if we broke up. He will never ever wants me to be hurt physically. And even if we broke up I'll never want to do something that will hunt him forever. Its unfair.

• It's sad when people can't have more faith in themselves to find the happiness they can and will have. They only need to take the time to look.

• Honestly, pathetic. I know they are sad and depressed but to throw it all away just because of one person when there are so many other people out there just seems dumb to me.

• suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
    yes break ups suck and you feel really low but your life is more precious than that and tbh you are worth so much more than some person who let you go

• I feel bad for them. They clearly have a troubled mind. I am sure the people they leave behind miss them terribly.

• Nothing. I just feel sorry for them that they were suffering so much.