What does it mean when a guy returns your gift back?

I gave my special someone a bracelet, love letter and lots of sticky notes with topics we could talk together. We met online, video called daily, never met in person. He became sweet to me. He said I am his significant other when I asked him about the status of our relationship. When I told him I already have feelings for him, he told me he is unsure of what he feels since he haven't met in person and want to be just friends to avoid unnecessary expectations and disappointments. He returned back the gift I sent him. Everything from the love letter to the notes to the bracelet, he kept nothing. Does this mean I should forget about him and move on? What could be the reason that he needed to send everything back?

Back then when we were still happy, he told me how much he loved my gift. I wonder why he had to send all of it back. He even decided not to keep the love letter.

146

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah if he returns the gifts and letter it means he's rejecting you, my advice is play as you see things but don't get upset over it. If he wanted to make things work and was for real than he wouldn't of rejected you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let him go. A guy that cares for you wouldn't reject that type of gesture unless he doesn't feel the same. It's hard to hear but it will save you from wasting more time and heartache. As women, we tend to get caught up in the "why", thinking if we know all the details then it'll change the circumstances somehow. Really though, all you need to care about is that he rejected you. Men tend to go for what they want but this guy seems to be pushing you away. Take that as your answer.

What Guys Said 5

• lol... cuz the wifey can't see it all lol... that is hilarious... (oh.. my bad..)
    umm... i'd probably ask why... but this is where the shadiness begins...

• It means you already know the answer but for some reason you still need other people to confirm that answer for you to make you feel certain.

• move on yo

• i guess he doesn't want to go to that level thats why he sent it all back bec he must of knew sending even the letter back wil break ur heart

• means he wants a HK g36c

What Girls Said 13

• Ask him why , instead of second guessing him

It's a strange thing to do without an explanation as to why. I'd ask him why

I'd assume he's sending them back coz he's not serious about you like he lead you to believe , so he's returning the gifts. Maybe coz he feels guilty keeping them, or he's just an asshole.

If you ask him, then you'll be able to decide if you should move on or not based on his response

• He didn't want you, waiting for nothing. He didn't want to go to that level of relationship. You'll be ok. You are sweet and caring. Try to look around someone wants that same attention so badly but you don't see it. You'll be ok.

• Interesting, well, that's really weird that he said that you are his sig other when he is unsure of his feelings to begin with. When you get into a relationship with someone it means that you know your feelings for someone. Let it go for now. Don't wait for him to sort out his feelings cause it might not be what you want. Good luck!

• I guess he isn't sure of how he feels about you now and doesn't find it appropriate to accept any gifts from you.

• It was probably too full on

• What do you mean too full on?

• First things first. I suggest personal meetings.

• He found someone new and feels guilty about keeping your items.

• Was it still in the same packaging? Did you ask him? Could have never gotten to him in the first place. These are only questions he can answer.

• If he is rejecting your gifts, it means that he is rejecting what they symbolize as well. I'd take it as a sign that he doesn't want to continue a romantic relationship.

• He don't want it

• I'd let him go. He seems like the type to be with other girls.
    How long after meeting him did you give him the gift? If it was too soon he might have been creeped out.

• He felt obligated and rushed

• Are you sure it was him, not a "Return to address" ?

• Yes he said he returned the gift back... I already received it.

• what else did he say?

• He said we should just be friends for now.