How to fill my time after a break up?

how do i fill the void i feel after a break up? how to distract from the pain? what to do with myself? how to stop feeling the heartbreak? how to move on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Made an account just to answer your question. You're welcome lol. After going through my break up in November I was really devestated. To the point where I could say that it almost ruined my year. But what helps me get through is working out. After each workout you get high off your own endorphins and it immediately makes you feel better. If made a habit, you will see yourself generally a happier person and you will be pleased with a healthier lifestyle. But most of all, you'll be distracted. It is important to mourn, but distracting yourself (example being working out) will be key to getting over the hurt, and even bettering yourself as a person. Who knows, maybe you'll look that much more appealing and make your ex jealous if he ever gets the pleasure of seeing you again😉

Most Helpful Girl

• Just know that the void your feeling is normal, but it will not be forever. There's one thing I want to address is that I see a ton of people trying to "distract" themselves. But, I don't think that's healthy. As painful as it is, I want you to 100% realize that this person is no longer in your life, he is no longer your boyfriend and that right now, you are number one priority. Don't distract yourself, accept that the relationship is over and use that knowledge to rediscover things that will make you better for YOURSELF. Understand that it happens for a reason and you can BUILD YOURSELF. I don't believe in the "finding yourself", you already know who you are without that person. Rather, build your character, discover new things, take classes, hang out with old friends, go back to the things you didn't do when you were in a relationship. In terms of how to stop feeling the "heartbreak", I'm sorry but there isn't this one trick that will stop it. As everyone says below, time will heal the wounds, knowing that it's done and you've learned something will heal the wounds. You're going to have ups and down, but that's ok. You're going to cry and miss them and that's ok. This tells me that you didn't numb any of your feelings, that you're passionate and loving and willing to find someone new whether it takes you months to years to how long as you want. Heart break sucks, but you're young, it's not the end of the world, you will survive this. If anything, and this will suck so much, but whenever you start thinking of the good times, think of all the bad that was in it too, think of the reason for the breakup, think of a place without him (you happy in this place), most importantly tell yourself that it's done and he will always be in your memory as a lesson. Some people are lessons, some are blessings, in this case he was a lesson and you need to learn from that. Was this a serious relationship? Was this your first relationship? Did you break up with him or vice versa?

• it was serious, i said he doesn't seem to be in a place to be in a relationship and then he broke up with me so he can get through his depression and work on himself. he said that the door wasn't closed for when he finally gets himself together but i dont think that would work based on i will remember this feeling and things he said if i considered it. he wants to stay friends and so i have done that to the best of my ability but it hurt so much

• you can message if you follow the person

• It says I have to be Xper level 2, maybe try messaging me first?

Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• You might reflect on a common trap we do to ourselves.
    Hiding that subject in a pandora box might make it jump back in your face anytime something that brings a memory shows up. (music etc...)
    Find a way to find peace about that situation, take sometime to take care of yourself with meditation, sport, going out with friends to stay positive etc...
    An end is an opportunity to a new beginning, let time heal a bit and when you feel ready, jump back into looking at what this separation made you learn.
    But put yourself as n°1 priority, don't get into a new relationship to forget to old one.

• Live one day at a time, concentrate on the here and now. The pain won't go away, but it's bearable a day at a time.

Just don't do self destructive things like binge eating, irresponsible partying/dating, or even sitting around and dwelling on the loss. Mourning the loss is fine (and necessary), but dwelling on it isn't healthy.

Before you know it, it'll be better. Best wishes

• new friends around you

• masterbating find a guy to video chat with who's hung and enjoy ;)

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

What Girls Said 1

• go out with your friends. have a girls night.