Why do people age shame women more than they do men in society?

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 20

• Because a woman's prime value is attraction and youth and beauty is most attractive. Once you hit the wall your value plummets. Also why you need to find a suitable mate BEFORE you hit the wall. Otherwise you're competing with the younger gals that the men in your age group can pull, and why would they take an old dried up woman over a young beautiful one?

You really don't get this?
    And why we keep hearing, "Where have all the good men gone?" The good ones all got snapped up!

Men age like fine wine. Women? Well, not so much. More like milk. [shrug]
    A mans prime is 35-40. A woman's is 20-30.

• Women traditionally have more value placed on appearance, while for men it is more what they have accomplished.

• I have no idea what you mean by age shaming. I don't trash male or female for getting old nor do I think someone's value goes down as they get older.

We all get old eventually. That's nature.

• because a woman's likeley most important value to a man is her sexuality and this declines with age.

A mans most likely to be important characteristic to a woman is his earning power which often goes up with age.

this seems uber obvious even if it is painful to hear. I am not diminishing the value of companionship/friendship, but these "other" traits are real and do matter.

• Age shame? Dafuk?

Maybe you could elaborate on exactly WTF you mean, please.

• Because women get worse as they age, men get richer and get 20 year old sugar babies to love.

• Not true. Not all women get worse as they age, black women and ethnic women keep their looks a lot longer than white women, ethnic women and black women hit the wall at a slower rate than white women.

• The reason why black women and ethnic women look good for a longer time than white women. It's called melanin. Look it up. It protects your skin from uv rays from the sun and all other types of environmental hazards to your skin we have tougher stronger skin and we can take more of a beating than a white woman can thats why you see white women start to get wrinkles at 30 sometimes even in their late 20s they start to get wrinkles and black women and ethnic women get wrinkles at a far later age in life than white women do heck even black men age better than white men. So don't get jealous. Ok, you know, just stay out of the sun and maybe one day when you get to be my age, you can look as good as I do.

• Listen you little piece of shit. How dare you call me a black old hag? First of all, I probably look better than your mother. Okay, so don't you dare call me a black old hag, second of all at the end of the day I might be old, but I'm still prettier than any girl you could fucking get.

• Because the way our society is that women are considered to be most attractive in their twenties but many girls are attracted to guys in their 30's, 40's or even 50's even if they are much younger.

• people are stupid

• I think it's the women who makes a big deal of it more.. Fear of aging, anti wrinkle creams etc.

• Women's SMV aka Sexual Marketplace Value, is primarily derived from their youthfulness and physique.

• Because women have nothing more than pussy to offer.

• Well, if women have nothing more than pussy to offer than men have nothing but dick to offer.

• Haha, your such a comedian, you should get your own TV show or a stand up comedy show on HBO. And even though you seem like a sweet kid, cause your 17 so yeah, that's what you are. But. You still don't know yourself completely because you're a kid and you haven't had the same life experiences I have wait till you've been around the block a couple of times, then talk to me about relationships. Trust me, even though I may seem like oh, old grandma or whatever to you trust me. I have a lot more wisdom under my belt than you have now, if you see my age, which I hope you live to see my age. You'll have some wisdom under your belt, too.

• @dollywolly Women usually take more out than they bring in. Women tend to put their intuition to negative use more often than positive. You may be experienced but you're probably bias and definitely have never been with a woman.

• Because men are asswhores

• because men don't give a f. If you are talking about younger partners then shake it off and take their tears (complaints) as a compliment.

• Because of their behaviour and outfit as more reavealing then guys

• Because they mind it

• Because dudes are jerks and need to be equal with women.. gosh I hate gender roles

• Relative fertility drop off.

• women get better as they age, in my opinion

• Women have kind of done this to themselves. They used to have more value than they do today. They were good mothers and wives and focused on being good women and taking care of their husbands and families. Today they have largely reduced their value to sex, and their sex appeal naturally drops as they age.

• That's not entirely true. Not every woman's sex appeal drops as they get older, some older women still look great.

• @dollywolly

You're right, there are a few exceptions to the rule. But the rule remains true.

• My opinion is that guys that treat women well but end up staying single for a long time because the girls want to mess around with jerks, those guys get pissed and won't accept her after she is older, less attractive, and has kids from other people and THEN decides she wants to settle down with someone that treats her good after she has lost her appeal and expects him to take care of all her baggage.

I don't look down on older women that are in a good relationship with a family and made good choices, but I do look down upon the ones with different baby daddies that partied for years and NOW expects a good guy like me to accept her. No thanks.

• Think of it in reverse. If you were single, in good shape from exercising, would you want a guy that is 300 pounds, 50 years old, bald with a hair piece, and 3 kids from 3 different women and their drama too?
      It works both ways.

• Well, I guess I am okay because I haven't had any kids, and I still look relatively young for my age so I haven't lost my appeal yet.

• The only thing I would say is if the guy wants to start a family and have biological kids of his own, he isn't really going to look for someone over 30. If he doesn't want that, or already has kids, then you would be fine.

What Girls Said 6

• It's mostly an American thing. American woman are repulsive to men after they reach a certain age. It's partially the cultural attitude of youth-worship, it's evolutionary biology but it's also the way American women let ourselves go typically. I think that's starting to change. Myself, I have more of an attitude of feeling sexy but in a different way as I get older. Honestly, I feel even more sexy. There's a growing confidence and something I have now that I didn't now that I didn't when I was younger:) l'm also not trying to party like I'm 20 or acting stupid hopefully so I don't notice anyone shaming me. They just tell me how well I'm looking♡

• because these men think a woman's only value is her sex appeal. This website is full of losers who hate woman because they are too selfish to admit that they aren't good enough for them. In the real world, when you want something, you sacrifice yourself to get it. These losers who can't take the slightest degree of rejection or humility and want perfect girls are the ones who age shame woman. the younger girls that they do find attractive are victims - they don't know they are dating losers and jerks.

• Because we are socially programmed to do it.
    We are programed to pick on women not men, because women are the bigger consumers. They will spend a butt tone of money to look good.
    Because part of that social programming is that a woman's value lies primarily in her appearance.

• Society doesn't pick on men? You should really step away from the feminist propaganda and actually try listening to some men talk about their problems for once. 75% of suicide is men for a reason, society doesn't give 2 fucks about us.

• @IHateLife Dude seriously what the fuck. This question was not who has it worse in life. Okay. This is not feminism this is fucking commerce.
      Women spend more fucking money on makeup and shit to look good for fucking men. It's sold to us.
      Jesus, why do I have to deal with this crap tone of bullshit every time you answer a damn question honestly.
      This is not about you. This is not about men. This question and this answer doesn't relate to you and if you are so fucking obsessed with the whole world feeling so fucking sorry for you and your secret pain go and see a fucking counsellor.

• It's about fucking AGE SHAME.

• I think it's ridiculous and especially bad on this site.

• Because only young attractive women have value to men. Who cares about personality or abilities am I right? Haha

• I am 48 but because I am mixed I look a lot younger than my age. people say I am still pretty for a older women. I know it's a complement but it also feels like a insult.

• And I disagree with you about young women only have value to men because if you're an older woman, but you look good for your age, men will still be attracted to you.

• I think most of it is BS. Guys know it pisses women off by calling them old or fat, so they constantly do it. Until women stop being insecure this will never stop.