Asked out a female freind and got burned. Advice on how to let the friendship go, when I have to regularly see her and play nice?

After the awkwardness was over I have tried being her freind but unless I call her name then I don't really exist. Online she still acts the same and likes my stuff which is weird.
I have been hurt before for trying to be a freind when a girl does not want one so I'm giving up on her. Why is your advice on how to let her go?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't necessarily give up on a friendship just because of this-- I know this sort of thing can be awkward, and hard to work through, but sometimes it's better to just take a step back/give yourself some space for a while, instead of throwing away the friendship entirely.

You must like this girl, if you were willing to ask her out-- I'm not going to tell you how to feel, but maybe don't cut her out of her life just because things are bad at the moment. Give it time. Things should get better.

• Well it has been 6 months already. She finished actively avoiding me at 3 months. When I try to be her freind and interact with her she seems annoyed by it.

• I'm sorry that it's going that way-- is it possible she thinks you're still trying to flirt with her? If she wants space, give it to her. But there's nothing wrong with acknowledging the awkwardness and saying "hey, I do hope we can be friends again--"
      Best of luck.

• K thanks for the advice and luck.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0