Why is he in love with someone he just met but he was only capable of loving me, not being in love?

We were together for nearly 2 years, we got a long so well and we have so much in common and I really thought he loved me. Our sex life was always great and we never fought or had any issues, but he's not the commitment type and that's where we had a falling out. He broke up with me and cut me off for a good three months, then came back to me saying how much he missed me and he's not over me and he doesn't want anyone else to have me. How can he not be over me if he's not in love with me? And soon after he started dating this girl, they've only really known eachother for a month or so but he says she's perfect and she's the one he wants to marry and have a life with and have children with. Like I said... he's not the commitment type. We're "friends" now but he still loves me and finds me sexually attractive. I don't understand what's wrong with me and why he's willing to settle down with her when I had so much more to offer him. Why is it so easy for him to fall in love with her but he never did with me? Yet he's still not over me. It makes no sense.

01
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• You've learned a hard but valuable lesson. When a guy breaks up then sometime later comes back saying those things it's for one reason and one reason only and that's pussy. Either he couldn't find someone to fuck him or he had a fling with someone else and that soured. He's also telling you these things in case things sour with his current girlfriend so he can crawl back to you and use you as a backup plan till he finds someone else. This is why so many on here advise NEVER speaking to an ex.

What Girls Said 0