Am I selfish for walking away?

My ex-boyfriend had a lot of baggage with him his ex-wife causing problems, He never saw his two kids, his friends always interfering in his life because he would tell them their business, and his family always wanting to know everything. So after he broke up with me I chose to not return because my life turned upside down while I was with him. But as soon as we broke up my life went back to what it was peaceful and quiet without any problems.

Some said I was selfish because I choose to walk away? Honestly, the more I tried to stay the more my life was becoming horrible. Becasue I was catering to him and his needs. If anything I dodged a freaking bullet.

Most Helpful Girl

• Putting your own happiness first isn't selfish at all. Even if others view you as selfish, so what! It's your life , so you can choose to walk away from a relationship if it makes you unhappy, or if it's not right for you.

Don't allow other people's opinions control your life or your decisions

I'd never be manipulated by other people that way , and stay in a relationship just coz they viewed me as selfish. You can't be totally selfless in life or you'll end up very unhappy.

I'm only selfless with people I care about or love. I'd never stay in a relationship if it wasn't right for me

What Guys Said 3

• You're not selfish and did right

• You aren't selfish you are just a rational thinker. I am proud of you. No relationship is worth the extra chore. Some people are so spoiled these days. Just kick back and relax and I am surprised you lasted a day with him. There is a reason why he had an "ex" wife

• I fall for him hard I will not deny it. But eventually I had to see it for what it was.

• you can call yourself what you want, fact is that you are the wrong person for him just because you left him when he need you. The right person would had been there for him ( in good as in bad times).

What Girls Said 3

• He broke up with you I think it your not selfish

• No, how are you selfish? He ended it with you and had tons of issues of his own. I wouldn't have put up with that either. What were you supposed to do, beg him to come back?

• I know that's what he wanted and everyone in his life thought it would happen. His mom still wants me to come around. But I choose NOT to

• Yassss leave that nigga 😂 🙌🏽