What is a rebound girl?

And why does it suck to be in that position?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• If you breakup from your SO and jump into another relationship too fast, you are "rebounding" into the new relationship before you are done getting over the ex SO. In this case you are looking for something to help you move on, but the new person is more for giving you comfort while you are getting over the loss of the last guy. It doesn't matter who did the breaking up, ending the relationship is a loss. Rebound relationships rarely last because when the person is really over the past relationship, you find that you were with the new guy for the wrong reasons. Usually when this happens the person breaks up and "officially" moves on. It's a terrible thing to do to the new person.

Most Helpful Girl

• Rebound girl? in my opinion it's a girl who is talking to or dating a guy who is either fresh out of a relationship & is on the prowl or he's still not over his ex. But he's still dating thisvnew girl either in an attempt to forget about the ex or to kill time while him & his ex take a break or something. I'm kinda wondering if I'm in this position right now. We go out and everything seems ok but on his social media he doesn't seem to be over his ex. Why does it suck? Because u don't know if they might get back together or if he's into you or just the idea of someone there to fill the empty space in the meantime

• You're just HIS sponge. Of course u were talking to me duh lol don't pay me any mind lol

• when his heart then and be the slam dunk girl!!! get off the sidelines:)

What Guys Said 5

• If you're a rebound girl then you are a girl seeing a guy who has just come out of a relationship. The problem with being the rebound girl is that you are often with a guy who has not yet properly dealt with his breakup, which means that you can't fully rely on the stability of his emotions and you can't fully rely on him not going straight back to his ex if she allows it.

• Someone who bounce

• when I have a hard break up I shut down for awhile then after a month or 2 I want attention mainly emotional but that's hard to get so the girl that would give attention would be the rebound girl

• guess that's a girl who has been dumped and is now being used by other guys cause she wants to find something new

• The girl who's asking this question that's what it is!!!😂😂😂😂

What Girls Said 1

• the girl a guy goes to after a relationship for sex