How do I stop being so attached to my ex boyfriend?

I feel like I can't move on. I just don't like any other guy to the point I feel annoyed by them (I don't mean to be). I can't stop comparing them to my ex even though he wasn't the best boyfriend in the world. We had so many problems, but he's all i've ever experienced. He was my first everything.

I broke up with him about 2.5 months ago, we didn't speak for 50+ days until he randomly texted me out of no where. Now we are talking a little bit more on a strictly platonic level (we even talk about other people). I don't know if I want to get back with him. I was the one to break up with him after all. I just miss his company so much and I feel like I'm sooo attached to him. i don't know if people actually realize the level of attachment I really feel. It feels like I can't move on no matter how much I try. I also went on a date with another guy and we kissed, but the whole time I was just sitting there thinking about my ex and how much I miss him. I go out with friends and always think how much better it would be if he were next to me experiencing this with me instead. I got a full time job and working on going back to school. I have so many things going on, but at the end of the day, he's always on my mind. I don't know what else to do.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• mve on:

This is a common subject. People always ask questions about getting together with co-workers.

This is a terrible idea.

Why?

Because, everyone will talk about this. No, you cannot keep it a secret. Everyone knows "who's doing who". People can see the subtle looks, body language, etc. People will talk about you, in some cases, negatively, because they know it isn't cool.

If the 2 parties are overt in their relationship, it creates a nonprofessional environment, which can lead to difficulties with the bosses.

THEN, if the relationship fails. What then? Well, the talk gets worse. The two parties themselves may talk poorly about the other person. Rumors are started. True or false, a bad environment ensues.

I've seen this so often, how the workplace is disrupted.
    Nothing good becomes of this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Always remember the reason as to why you broke up with him. What helped me get over previous exes was reading up on ways to better myself and toxic/abusive. Believe me, read motival and self help books you will get over him. It worked for me. You will find that the breakup was beneficial and only bringing you down and you will proud of yourself down the line because you finally woke up from the attachment from him and see that he was not someone you really wanted to be with for long term

• its not that u read about how to improve yourself, its beacuse you want to ditch your bf? right it depends on our view and will power 👌

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• you got used to him. you just need a detox from it and a hobby to occupy your mind. in no time you won't feel that again

• Are you looking to get back with him? Check back with him, see how he feels, depending on the reason you broke up with him define the chances, apologize and take it from there and see what happens.

• I really don't. It wasn't the best relationship to be in.

• Thanks. And I don't have a boyfriend lol. I just went on one date which wasn't even that great and we never saw each other again.

• Okkie yikes I'm bad at this, haha yeah just keep fighting the thoughts. I hope you get someone's who's more deserving. Best of luck!

• do u prefer to hook up with strangers?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!