Broke up with boyfriend of one year and feel nothing?

I broke up with my boyfriend of one year yesterday. It ultimately boiled down to the fact that he loves travelling more than me which is fine but not good enough for me.

We were doing long distance for the last few months too. He was upset but he understood my decision.

The problem I'm having now is the fact that I don't feel upset or heartbroken? I was initially upset when I made the decision myself but now I just don't feel anything. Other than some anxiety in my stomach, that's all I'm feeling. I don't feel the need to cry or anything. I guess I'm just sort of down more than anything else.

I'm obviously not over it in any way seeing as I'm asking this question but I'm just wondering is this normal? I'm genuinely even beginning to wonder did I ever have real feelings for him at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Normal... as it should be... always look forward, never backward.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal for your situation. Sounds like you mentally and emotionally sort of prepared for this to happen. You are more upset at the idea that something didn't work out, but deep down you knew he was not the guy for you at this time. Doesn't mean you didn't have feelings for him, but maybe y'all didn't get as close as you wanted to. Don't dwell on it more than necessary. You'll be okay.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• the feeling probably haven't sunked in.. more likely you've cried about it when you made your decision, it's just you're back to normal, single and carefree you..

• Grief and loss presents itself in many ways. You may be in shock that it's over, it may not have fully hit you OR it could be that you just know it was the right thing and that you know there are grearer things out there for you.

• So what's the problem

• Maybe you are shocked? The feelings might come later.