How to get over a broken heart?

when someone you considered to be the love of your life shatters your heart, how do you get over it?
I feel somewhat lost, i don't have the energy for anything anymore. I've been in bed for about 2 weeks now and i just can't do anything. My whole life feels like it's falling apart :(

43
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• For some of us, it takes a long time to get over that feeling. My wife died a little over ten years ago and I still haven't gotten over it. It's been said that time heals all wounds. It just takes longer, in some cases, to feel the healing. I wish you well.

• im so sorry for your loss.. wow that's actually really heartbreaking. Thank you for the advice and i wish you all the best !

• Thanks for the kind words. That means a lot.

• Time heals all wounds. Time the only fix to a broken heart.

• :( hopefully ill heal quickly. Thank you for taking the time to write

• I hope the healing process not long in your case and you are must welcome

• go out with friends and change your mind. Life have to continue no?

What Girls Said 4

• Me and my ex boyfriend broke up almost a year ago now and I still have feelings for him. We can't be together since we live 12-18h away from each other with flight. The thing is, you either learn to live with a broken heart or the time heals. It takes longer time for some people and some people rather be alone and others the opposite. You should not hinder the heartbreak from letting you do fun stuff like hanging out with girl friends, family or missing out on activities. I'm not gonna tell you what you should do since we all handle things differently. You'll probably find out how you're gonna move on yourself. A tip that worked for me was to find a motivation to keep myself distracted from thinking about my ex. I focused on myself and my well being and I still do today. I just recently started going out with friends again, although it's not often. My point is, you're not alone, you just gotta find your motivation and start working towards that and by time you'll make progress! But allow yourself to take your time by the way I think it's great that you're starting to become aware of what's happening around you and that you actually wanna make a change. That somehow shows that you're motivated or willing to find a way to get over your heartbreak. Best of luck!

• thank you for sharing your personal experience and advice.. hope it all goes well for you too x

• Anytime! ❤

• I'm going through the same thing. I'd like to think that with time it heals but every hour goes by like it goes by a whole day. I've tried to reconcile with my ex (up to today) to help heal but I can't help but think about the hurt he caused me. we were together for 5 years and lost our virginity to each other. he broke up with me and I slept with someone else, like a rebound I suppose. it doesn't make you feel better, actually. I want to know the answer too as I'm still coming to terms that we can be together even though I love him.. it's been 2 months already trying to get back together but I can't

• :( hope time heals everything for you quickly ! no one deserves to be feeling like this..

• You know how you felt before you met them? Well it's not going to feel the same, and it's not going to be some magically cure for it. You just get up and you do something. Whether that be getting a friend and going shopping or having a movie night, just something you'd enjky and try and have fun without them. Life moves on eventually, even if there's pain. You just need to allow yourself to get over them, and try and find other things to occupy your mind and distract you until you begin to heal. Good luck, and I'm very sorry to hear you've had your heart broken

• Thank you for your advice, i was actually really lost before i met him so he sort of became my happy place. I guess this is what happens when you put all your eggs into one basket :(

• Then you probably need to be happy with yourself and be able to be single before you look for someone else. It's difficult, but think of it as time to learn what you enjoy and experience single life for a bit! There's a lot more to life than a relationship and to be able to truly experience life you have to be happy with yourself on your own. You'll be okay after while, it just hurts a lot at the moment.

• I go round, find a new partner and break his heart. I found out that that's the only way I can mend my broken heart.