I cannot get over my ex... any advice?

This is a rather long story but I'm desperate. I dated this girl for a long time, I loved her and I guess I still do. It's been two years since we split up and I still can't seem to move on. Since we split up I've had horrible depression and anxiety, which has caused me to drop out of University, to the point where I'm back at home and looking for a job. I've seen doctors, taken a bunch of different meds and although things have gotten better regarding my mental health, I'm still fragile. This girl lives near me now once again and that familiar pull to see her and try and get things started again, even though I'm very sure she doesn't want the same thing. We're still friends but I feel like it'll never be enough for me. This whole situation is literally giving me a headache and it's making me feel worse again mentally. I have no idea what to do. My feelings for her are still there and I can't make them go away and I can't move on. Due to my situation I feel embarrassed talking to other girls and I just haven't been able to pull or meet anyone new save for some short lived romances whilst I was at Uni.

Please help and give me any advice. I really don't want things to become unbearable again.

Cheers.

12

What Girls Said 1

• I wish you would of gave us details on why you two broke up. Its best to be honest with yourself here. Getting over someone is not easy it may take months or even years depending on how long you were together. Use this time to figure yourself out and see if you can learn from it. Also, take some time to read self help books and anything thats encouraging. Surround yourself with positive people who are uplifting. You are inna vulnerable state and emotional. You need to be around people who are being supportive of you

• We split up for a couple of reasons. One being that we were moving away from each other and the other being that I was more invested in the physical side of the relationship than she was.

What Guys Said 2

• Its because your still friends with her. You should tell her how you feel and if she rejects you, break all ties. Work on yourself try to be a better version of you. (Nice new clothes , go to the gym) It will take time but you'll get out of that "missing her" mindset. Try to be happy on yourself and when you feel that you're progressing you should go out and mingle. At least that helped me when I was heartbroken..

• Watch hart brake videos on u tube