I broke up with my girlfriend. Was I right?

Long story short, me and my now ex girlfriend were together for 4 months. Throughout the relationship we've had plenty of arguments and small fights, while they should usually be perfect. I was always the one who planned the dates and suggested when and where to go because she recently moved to the city I live in. We met and got together after she moved. She was previously in a 4 year relationship that ended badly for her. About a month and a half ago we had a bigger fight because she kept ignoring me and not answering my calls or texting me back. I waited for 2-3 days as I thought it might pass but then I confronted her and we had a fight. She then told me that she's confused about our relationship and I told her to take some time and think (like a break). She approached me after a day saying she missed me more than her confused and we picked up where we left off. A few days ago we had another argument, but this time it was my fault. I apologised countless times and we talked a lot but then decided that we might have to take a break. I suggested it to see what she'd say and she agreed. I then said that instead we should meet and talk about the issues we have and try to resolve them as grown ups do. She said that as we're on a break, she doesn't want us to meet... Keep in mind, she's leaving on a holiday next week for 3 weeks. I asked her if she had the same feelings for me as I did for her and she didn't even reply. Completely ignored my question. I then told her that I'm not gonna put myself through the torture of waiting for her to make up her mind and leave to wait and hope for the best. She either wants to be with me or she doesn't. I don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to fight for me as I want to fight for her. So I said it's over and that we're done. Was it too much to ask to meet and talk about our problems and try to resolve them now instead of waiting and allowing ourselves to get used to being apart and not together? Did I do the right thing?

01
Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Yes you did do the right thing. You will feel bad but it will all come good in the end. There is no such thing as a perfect relationship. There will be fights and silent treatment. But if she admired the relationship as much as you did she would have fought for it trying everything not to lose you.