My ex & his best friend?

My EX and I just broke up 5 days ago. Two days ago my EX's best friend message me on Snapchat commenting about my story. This is when I decided to let him know me and his friend weren't together anymore. (I thought it was the right thing to do because he shouldn't be messaging me now). Well, he then went on a rant about how he wants to be there for me, he will hold nothing against me, when he was around me and his best friend (my EX) he could tell I made my ex happy, etc. He basically was like: I want to be there for you, if you need to talk or if you need anything!! I will be here for you. Finishing, the conversation he said "you don't look fat by the way" (my ex sent him a photo of me as a joke; asking if I was fat). -- which we all know I am not. Basically, is this guy actually my friend now? Is it a trap? Is this weird at all? HELP!

1011

Most Helpful Guy

• As you are saying he is best friend of ur ex and now coming after you.
    In my view he is kind of breaking the bro code, so there he is cheating again on his friend (your ex) this time.
    u didn't liked him before even, so I would suggest stay away now also.

• That's so messed up. I still care about my EX. We broke up because I was in one place and he was in another.

I told him his friends weren't nice but he wouldn't believe me and now I can't do anything about it.

• why u broke up is a different discussion​. ☺
      for now stay away from this friend of his.

Most Helpful Girl

• if i were you i would avoid him, he sounds way too cheesy and plus its not fair on your ex- they were friends first and its wrong to make their friendship awkward or even ruin it by getting too close with his best friend- imagine if your best friend started hanging out with him and defending him instead of you- it would be totally crappy

What Guys Said 10

• your ex might be giving him permission to bang you since they talk about you behind your back. it is also possible that your ex knows you both are a good person and he is ok with it. or maybe he just thinks your ex is a jerk even tough they were friends and you deserve much better. as he ever stood up for you agaisnt your ex in a serious discussion? how do you know about the picture? ask yourself those questions but above all ask yourself if you want him in the first place. he might just be a back stabber trying to betray both of you.

• if he was good to you before he'll probably be good to you after. if he's a fucker you know​what to do

• no he wants more then that be careful

• Why do you mean?

• The whole situation is weird to me. This "best friend" knows I have never liked him.

• he's still going to try he's luck hopping being all nice to you that you'll come running to him

• trap... avoid him and medssage me instead

• He's not your friend, it is a trap. It's very weird. Go for something polite but very formal like "Thank you for your concern after my break up but I am getting all the support I need from my girl friends. Take care."

• I agree with the first comment. I bet he hasn't talked to you much before because he likes you. be wary of him for a bit but be friendly. think about if you like him but remember he's friends with your ex.

• I think it's nice that he is trying to be there for you. I would suggest that you should be a bit wary for a while though. you should talk to him occasionally just don't let him become clingy.

• It's just weird... he has barely talked to me before this.

• I doubt it. let me check the FAQ's and get back...

• I think your profile settings maybe private. I can check other people's profile but not yours

• dude wants to sleep with you and it's the code but remember actions is different than his actions

• nah he just wants some action badly... it's all cool 😉

• If I was you I would tell your ex.

What Girls Said 9

• This is weird.. maybe he likes you and now that you're not with his friend he is trying to make a move onto you. But i personally wouldn't go for it just because its weird and how can you do that your best friend. Then again it could be a "trap" and your ex just wants to see if you will move on quickly etc. But that would be really immature of your ex.. just my opinion

• your ex is not genuine.

no one jokes like this. no one does back biting or back bitching

so

its a trap.

• He sounds a bit thirsty. If a on of my ex's friends were like that that would be a turn off 😶 instant friend zone

• I wouldn't reach out to him at all. He's too eager to be a part of your life now, whether that be romantic or a trap. Ignore him.

• Sounds to me like he wants a piece of you

• Okay, so, I would allow a little trust, just not too much too fast. Like the guys said, your ex could've given him permission to kinda swoop in and date or um, try to have sex basically. NOT ALL GUYS WANT THAT SO PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME. Just look out for yourself 💕

• i honestly dont know. but if you previously fcked up in the past and now you're serious about that, then you owe it to him to go out on a genuine limb even if you are consciously risking the possibility that it's a trick.

• yes it is a trap girl please don't fall for it

• Well, be careful. It's weird and could be a trap. Be direct by asking him what he really wants.