I'm heartbroken because of someone I have never even met? Why am I like this?

We met online 7 months ago and continued talking since. We have never met. We planned to meet in about a week. But he suddenly told me we should stop, and remain friends. Why am I hurting so much because of someone I have never even met? I cry and I am heartbroken and I can't help myself but check his whatsapp activity to see if he'a maybe talking to someone else. What should I do? How can I move on?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Chances are good you're in love with what you've made him out to be in your mind. Have you ever actually seen him?

• Only in pictures. I believe i fell in love with the idea i've made up in my head about him, still i find it hard to move on, especially that i lost the chance of actually meeting him and maybe loving him more

• I know what you mean but maybe he doesn't want to meet because he's not who you think he is, I know it's hard :(

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with Shauna, check his whatsapp or other social media it's the worst thing. I think you aren't heartbroken, you are disappointed, maybe you thought that you know him, but let's face it, you were only texting, so you move on, there are a lot of things to do, plus you are young, belive me, you're gonna fine the perfect boy in the perfect time, but that will only happen through your daily activities like school, family or have fun with your friends.

What Girls Said 3

• First, delete him off whatsapp and stop checking his activity because that's just going to drive you insane. Focus on school and spend time with your family and friends to get your mind off him. You will get over this.

• I just don't understand why I'm hurting so much over him. We never met in real life and still my heart breaks every time I think about him. I hate myself

• Just do what I've written above and you'll be fine.

• you still love him very much... Did you ever video call? how come he backed away when the dates where so close too?

• We had the weirdest connection ever. We only texted. Of course we sent pictures of one another but No phone calls or anything. We wanted to meet. That's why i don't know why i can't move on

• do you watch catfish? sounds like you got catfished... you never seen him in video calls or proved his identity it's just weird...

you just miss him, you basically chatted all the time so the feelings are there and maybe now you feel like he can't be that person in your life any more that's why it's hurting the most

• Awe just because you have t met them doednt mean anything, you still felt obviously very strong emotions for them and are heartbroken about it. That's okay, and meeting online doesn't change that. I'd recommend just having some time to think and understand how you're feeling and then going and doing something fun to get your mind off it and keeping yourself busy until you feel as if you've lmoved on. All break ups are difficult