Ex-bf broke up with me to focus and salvage a 4yr/old failing business. Should I wait?

My ex-bf claims to be a workaholic. According to him, his career would always be above anything else (which was fine for me, i understand that we're at this point of our life). I have always been patient, and very supportive of him. I've always listened to his complaints with his employees, and encouraged him.

We did have fights about him not being able to be with me most of the time, which I learned to accept as time went by. But just 2 days ago, we had a huge fight (it was his fault), and because of that I lost some of my trust in him. He aplogized, and begged me not to leave him. He promised he would redeem himself and gain my trust again.

Here's the thing: his business is about to fail soon and is running out of funds. He is very devastated and depressed. He broke up with me, says that he won't be able to meet my needs and that he is now letting me go even if it hurts him so much. His salary is cut down in half to sacrifice for the company. He says time isn't letting him redeem himself and gain my trust again. I am very hurt. We agreed to remain friends, and we still talk from time to time. At first he was still acting like my boyfriend, but then I corrected him. Now he is being professional about our friendship (he helps me with my work portfolio)

Do I move on or should I wait for him?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a touchy subject and not the easiest to approach for many reasons. If his emotional investments were in work and not you, the advice anyone could give could be judgmental, but if he did care and he felt that the business was his way of showing he could be a support system, any advice given would be volatile. In all things stay close to him and check the facts before making your next move.

Most Helpful Girl

• remain girlfriend with him. he wants to RISE IN LOVE with you as he is helping you make your work portfolio. he is sharing all his things with u. he doesn't give u time that doesn't mean that he avoids you. this is the kindest thing ever.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• offcorse you should it's important for him to maintain a balance

• move on if you dont want to wait and see if he'll change. complications just get worse if you tend to wait

• If you want a relationship with him, tell him you want one, and that the other stuff doesn't matter, otherwise, I would say move on.

• You move on.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!