Relationship issues. Not sure what to do?

Me and my partner have been together for a little over 3 years. Our relationship started out really good but just seems to be going downhill. I am 31 and he is 46. He's had a lot of surgeries and takes a lot of medication, due to his illnesses. His health is getting worse as time goes on. 2 out of 7 days he sleeps all day because he doesn't feel well. And about 3 out of those days he feels exhausted so he ends up being a couch potatoe. He's so tired he doesn't wanna do anything or go anywhere a lot of the time. He had health issues before we met and yes, I did know about them, but they were never this bad at the beginning. When we met he told me about them, but he made it sound like he feels this way, once or twice a month. I do care for him very much and the thought of not being with him really scares the crap out of me. I just don't know what to do. Im also feeling guilty for feeling the way i do. We aren't connected nearly as much as we use to. I feel neglected and lonely a lot of the time and it's making me depressed. I've tried talking to him about it, but he gets upset and says I knew he was like this, and that he can't help it. I feel i should be understanding and be a good loving partner and look past it, but then I feel like... well what about me? I should also add that, besides all of this he treats me really well. He takes me out to dinner, buys me clothes, takes my side when I need him to... listens and understands me. But he just feels so bad so often, it's like, he isn't here at all. If I am lucky, 2 out of 7 days we have good days together. I just don't know where to go and need advice. 😢

01

What Guys Said 1

• He sounds like an amazing person, maybe he just has to exercise more in order to raise his energy

What Girls Said 0