Heartbroken from my ex who broke up with me a year ago. He's moved on, I'm still crying over him. I think I might be depressed. Help?

Hi everyone. I was in a relationship for 6 years with the love of my life. He broke up with me last July, he text me and ended it, he said "I'm done with you f*ck off and just leave me alone" so for weeks I did try and talk to him but he wanted to do with me. It was over and that was it. Also he went away for a month with his friend in may.. he was home June 29 and broke up with me the 2nd of July! He became friends with a girl (she's a lesbian) the last year of us being together he never let me meet her.. and now she has moved into his place with him and his family straight after he broke up with me.. he does everything that Me and him never did together with her. He only lives 5 mins away from me it's awful. I cry every day. I self harmed a few months after he broke up with Me because I wanted to wipe away the pain he caused me. I burned myself. I have a box with his pictures and letters in it and when I get sad I turn on mine and his song and read them all. I'm so heartbroken I just miss him so much. I haven't heard from him since he dumped 9 months ago. He unblocked me from WhatsApp.. which makes it worse his.. I don't no why he did that! I was his first love and he was mine. I miss his voice.. his smell.. I feel like I'm being haunted.. I get Flash backs of us together.. I feel like I put on a brave face everyday for my family and friends but inside I'm crumbling. I wish I could go back in time and be with him again. And I no its weird because he did treat me so horrible the last year but I can't seem to move on and let him go... I dunno how much more I can cry, it hurts me when I hear his name or see his pictures. He was like my drug... I feel worse now that he's gone on me 😢 anyone any advice? He's 24 and I'm 23.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Best i can say it's that it will heal in time. Nothing goes away easy in this life, especially this.

When me & my ex-wife divorced, was hard, life and everything, the pain was devastating, but as time passed i was letting go of it little by little. I guess for me the the trigger to heal was the constant hatred towards her.

So aye i did avoid all the places i could meet her! Yet still she was not completely avoidable so i made peace with that. Just moved on. Started going out more different places, new people to meet. I dated different girls.

Took me a year to let go of the sadness. Second year to calm down the hatred & the rage.

Third to be the man who i am today.

Just believe in yourself & let go!

I know it's hard but listen going back will hurt even more.

I wish you the best of luck in all.

What Guys Said 4

• It's your first love that's the key words I got from you story. Understand that and learning to accept something we can not have is what slot of us deal with. Once we accept the facts and figure out a solution we will always feel this way. Understand you are not alone in this and it is very brave of you to share this with us on here. That takes a lot of courage and guts to do that. Realize that you took the next step to share this with us. Now take the next step in healing yourself. Be patient with yourself and accept all that is coming ahead. Anticipate what's coming as you can already feel it. Figure to release those feelings in a way that will make you... not the situation... you that is important is you... better. Remember you took the next step is sharing so that only means one thing... you ate ready to move on and you have the guts to... it shows right here.

• You are still dealing with grief and it has gone on too long. Seek some counseling to learn why you should be burning his pictures and letters instead of yourself.

• I think you need to talk to someone about this. Obviously you are suffering but I get the feeling you might have some deeper issues that you need to work on.

• Thank you for your reply. I do have an appointment made next week to speak to someone. But I'm not really good at opening up in front of someone 😕

• I think he deserves better.

What Girls Said 2

• You are in love with your idea of what could be. Realize it was a fantasy and that it is not happening. Get help for the depression.

• He's a jerk darling we have all been through a messy breakup I was with a guy 4 years my first love it ended no real reason I was a mess and in all honesty I slept around with numerous people to feel loved again but then I figured out that you need to work in yourself do the things you wanted to but haven't make yourself happy work on self love don't stalk him or even give him space in your mind it's like poison takes over your thoughts and emotions