"Ex" unfollowed me on Instagram?

Basically, I'm 19 and the guy I used to be involved with is 31. He took my senior pictures and we used to work together at a restaurant. I won't go into detail, but I'm still very much into him. However, he was promoted to a management position back in January, and my boss found out we had a thing and told him to end things with me. He thought I told everyone about us, when he literally gave us away with his actions inside the restaurant. I ended up quitting to focus on school and get away from all the drama, but came back for two months. We still didn't speak, and he got in a relationship 2 weeks later (with a girl who has the same name as me and looked quite a bit like me in pictures, which were sent to me from coworkers, which he found out about and had her block me, as well as he) and told everyone about their relationship to try and put down anymore talk of him and I. I was extremely heartbroken, and still am. But I'm back on my feet, and have left the restaurant for good. I wanted to be on civil terms with him after countless fights, disrespect from him, and his inability to listen or reason with me, and flat out stopped all interaction. I've been using IG quite a lot recently, and have started posting pictures with friends and trips that I've taken. However, he posted a photo from a recent trip he took on his photography page's IG and I liked it. He then proceedeed to unfollow me, but he didn't block me? And then a friend of mine sent me a picture of a status update from him, that he was single, and another from his now-ex-gf who posted about how men use women for things like cooking (he lives alone with a cat) and driving them around (he has 3 DWI's and can't drive). So...

1. Why would he unfollow me but not block. me so suddenly?
2. Do you think the timing is a little odd, that this all happened the same day?

01

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like this guy never wanted things to go anywhere with you. You were his little secret. As soon as people found out he pretty much cut all ties. He has made no effort to be back in touch. All the signs point to him not being interested and I think that you need to let this go and move on. Look at what his now ex-gf has said about him. He used you, he used her. Wake up and smell the coffee.

What Girls Said 0