Guys, How long to get over a boyfriend I just broke up with?

so I'm 25 I've been dating the same guy for more then 2 years my only boyfriend I've ever had cause I never thought I could find the right guy until him unfortunately we weren't meant to be we broke up on good terms kinda after a big fight which was bad and he said some fucked up shit like he was just with me for a good time "but didn't mean it the way I took it"... any whom he apologized but I couldn't find myself to get back with him after that and after all the shady stuff he did behind my back... i still love him but know I deserve better just how long do you think it will take for me too stop thinking and occasionally I'll cry about it it's been 3 weeks... how long will it take til I'm back to me? And should I block his number?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely cease all contact with him. Blocked number, no Facebook, etc. Moving on will be next to impossible if you're still talking to him.

Most people say to take half the length of the relationship to heal and move on. Best guess, it'll be 3-4 months at least before you start to feel a little better about it, and then you can start getting over him.

Some guys will say you should hook up with someone else to get over him, but they're just trying to take advantage of your fragile emotional state, and it's not really gonna help you.

What Guys Said 4

• IF u truly want to end it, yes block him and go no contact. Focus on ur life and yourself to heal from all this. Time? Well its only been 3 weeks, it takes a while so have patience.
    Hope that helps.

• if your on good terms why block him? i know many guys say stuff they dont mean when frustrated, you will get better with time, he will get worse with time in a couple months you'll move on and hell still be thinking about you if he truly loved you

• I guess blocking him is not the solution. Secondly their is no specific time but yes you can but it depends on you i guess you can make new friends you know have a good time or find a activity which makes you busy