What do you think about staying best friend with our ex, please be sincere?

My boyfriend and i just broke up because he was too close to his ex , they were bestfriends and they talked more to each other then he talked to me. Now my ex says he wants us to be closed friends to. What do you think? PLEASE HELP ANYONE?

314

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that's okay.. I am friends with all my exes.. It's not weird at all. I mean just think logically.. This was the person, with whom you really had some good time, nd you smiled nd were happy.. How you can ignore it suddenly.. Infact it will make things easy if you are connected. Now that you broke up you have to accept that you cnt be together.. It makes moving on easy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's a good idea. Your relationship with him ended for this reason. Do you wa t your next reaction shop to end for the same reason? I believe (when possible) in being friend-ly with exes but never friends. it sounds like this guy is trying to create for himself a harem.

What Guys Said 13

• Okay. Him being close to his ex was a huge problem for you and that caused you to break up. Now, three months from now, you move on and find a good guy but. . . guess what? He is bothered that YOU are "friends" with YOUR ex. Know what happens?

I know that some young people think that you are supposed to remain friends with your exes but for most of human history, people break up, they don't look back, and they never have any more contact unless they had children together.

• Someone who can't leave a ex or others in the past for their current relationship deserves no type of communication with the person they are hurting.

• Normally I'm an optimist, but there's no way you can retain a healthy friendship with him without it turning toxic. Eventually, emotions tend to catch up, and things sour up instantly (or worse, over time).

I know you must be motivated right now to keep the person who's given you so many good memories to stay close by, but you'll eventually be pushing him away. Better to end it in a positive manner rather than a negative one. All the best.

• No! Block him and move on with your life. End of story. You'll be soo much happier. You'll find a guy who respects you! Your ex didn't. He was close with his ex. Thats not being respectful. He never gave your relationship a fair chance.

• I think you got a beta-chump there. Where's the dominance and leadership?
    Consider you likely dodged a huge whiny bullet.

• I think it's a difficult balance and tough to maintain. I'm not sure if it's worth it.

• I don't think people should be friends with their exes. Leave that person as part of your past and move on.

• if u really luv him, u can can never b jst frnds after brkup, being frnds after brkup even if anyone did a small mistak or u had a small fight no matter wht ur past will come in between nd that small fight will become a big one, the same thing happened with me

• best friend , no , i can't even talk properly with my ex as there is no topic as a Matter of fact it's hard to even talk in chat.

• me and my ex it trying to do that. it's too much when they find someone else and try talk about it. that's when shit hits the fan

• Nope. Never kept the exs around

• it's not good to do so... usually it causes some problems and it hurts both of you

• So you broke up because he was too close to his ex, and now YOU ARE asking if you should be too close to YOUR ex?

Are you serious?

What Girls Said 2

• Think of it this way; him being friends with his ex hurt you.
    Do you want to do that to his next girlfriend?
    The guy clearly has boundary issues when it comes to managing relationships and friendships, if he had sorted it out with the last one then I wouldn't see a problem. But it's obviously something he hasn't managed and I wouldn't want to get caught up in that for someone I don't NEED in my life or have a very strong and long lasting friendship with

• I don't think it's the best idea right out of a relationship. If you do want to be friends in the future, then explain to him you need time apart from him now until you get over the relationship. If not, then again tell him.