He says "we should just be friends" during arguments, and gets mad when I don't fight back?

We argue about dumb things. He always says to me "it's obvious you aren't happy, so we should just be friends".

My response is always a hurt "okay if that's what you want".

Im not going to force him to stay with me, or guilt him to stay with me. It seems he has made up his mind. He is the one that says "we should just be friends then". That hurts me a lot.

I dont understand why he suggests it, and then makes me feel guilty for respecting his wish?

is he trying to gauge a reaction out of me? Make me fight? I don't even suggest breaking up! He just says it!

31
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• he is stupid

What Girls Said 3

• Because he didn't really wanna break up. He was just testing the water but when you agreed, it backfired to him again so he went crazy all over. He thought you would beg but you didn't, then he got fucked up. Now, he regretted initiating the break up and wish he could take back his words but if he did, his male ego will destroy.

• He probs wants you too fight for him. Maybe he's insecure about how you feel about him. Or he's trying to manipulate your feelings.

• Wasn't your first question about this enough?