What was your most hardest breakup? Why did it end? Do you still love that person?

What was your most hardest breakup? Why did it end? Do you still love that person??What was your most hardest breakup? Why did it end? Do you still love that person??

Most Helpful Guy

• My sons mom and yes it was and still is the hardest break up because I see her on a regular basis and the most obvious our son. I still care and love her and I made this decision to feel like this when the break up happened. My son is all grown up now and she has her own beautiful family and she is very happy and to me that is all that matters... her happiness.

• 4d

I'm blown away by the mho. Thank you! I was reading stories and put to tears. Through it all what I've learned is to accept what happened.. im fucking crying right now... I can't believe it.. uhhh! It's been over 17 years and it still hurts.. some wounds never heal but I'm grateful for a handsome son and in a year is going to serve his country like his pops did. πŸ’ͺπŸ‘Š

• 4d

You good Sir, deserves recognition too, you're very compassionate and still think of them as your world, just a humble and resillient man. I'm sure your son would be proud of you πŸ’›β€ Much love x πŸ’•β˜ΊπŸ˜Œ

Most Helpful Girl

• Making my husband leave me as I couldn't have kids and he wanted them. He was my life... I knew I could never forgive myself if he stayed with me and he didn't get what he wanted most from life.

• You're a brave woman to let go of the man you love and thinking of him trying to fulfill his dreams πŸ˜”β€

• He's remarried with 2 kids. Had his first less than a year after I left

Sponsored

What Guys Said 9

• My hardest breakup was that with my wife who is now my ex wife. We had been gking out with each other for a little over a year when i asked her to marry me on that night she too had somethimg she wanted to ask or rather tell me and that was that she was pregnamt. I became the happiest man in the world that night we moved in with each other and may i say we never ever had any fights after our son was born things started to change we were married and were living a good life i knew something was bothering her id ask her about it and she would only say that everything was fine. Which ikmew it wasn't. Looking back at things now i can see that what most likely was going on was she was going through post partum depression. Back then there wasn't a name for it. And as a guy i was always taught that guys solve proublems. We were both very young at the time but we ended up parting ways and divorced as for do i still love her yes. You can never completly sever your love for the person who gives you the most precious gift that can be givin. That of a baby. That doesn't mean i xant love another lady it just means i now know how to handle post partum depression

• The amount of respect I have for sharing this story πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ Much love, you're a good man ❀

• was with my partner for almost two years. we were planning on living abroad and i was going to ask her to marry me. about 4 months before we were going to do that she went on a trip with friends and cheated on me... i knew something was wrong as soon as she walked back in our house. i asked her and she said nothing. spent the next month asking what was going on... finally find out from my friend that she cheated (she tried to say my friend was lying and trying to break us up)

definitely do not love that chick. she destroyed me. i didn't date for 3 years

• πŸ˜”πŸ˜” that sucks... 3 years was a long time xx

• yeah. but it felt necessary. i was really jaded. it was the second relationship i was in that ended after my girlfriend cheated on me. i had a horrible impression of women and big trust issues. i needed three years to get into a good place mentally to be ready to date

• im actually back together with the person I had my hardest break up with. I won't get into why we broke up, because every time I do I get called stupid for taking him back. Maybe I am stupid, but it's just very hard for me to give him up.

• You're not stupid for loving someone, in due time you'll figure out if he's really the one for you, I hope you guys can work through it xx

• she started to cheat me 3m away from me like iam invisible.
    i loved her too much (had sleeping and eating problems). took me 4 years to not love her anymore.

• My now ex-wife claimed abuse, called the police, left me in jail, lied to my family, immediately filed for divorce, gave away most of my possessions, has tried stripping me of all parental rights, and refused to even remotely communicate with me. This was the end of a 6 year relationship, 4 of which were spent married. Never saw it coming, never thought she would do this, and I had sacrificed everything for her. I still am trying to pick the pieces up and find a new direction for my life. A part of me will always care for her as she was my first love and is the mother of my son, but my trust has been shattered by her.

• Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that :(
      How long did you end up staying in jail, do you see your son as often as you'd like to?

• That truly sucks, especially him being so young still, he'll definitely miss your company πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

• I hope so. It is killing me right now... Just want everything to be okay...

• doesn't matter, its over.

• My girlfriend ex girl She left the apartment on a Tuesday and got married with her ex on a Friday in the same week. We were together for 1 year and 4 months

• i had only 1 break up in my whole life and im soo glad i had that break up, my ex used me in every way, and then dumped me by lying to me that she's getting married, im soo glad she did all that to me, because after that i learned so many important lessons and i realize my worth. and i was more happy after the 5 or7 months of my break up. and hell no i dont even think about her

• long story and emotional story can't tell here

What Girls Said 16

• My first relationship. He broke up with me because I didn't have time for him - my dad had been in hospital for a week at this point and within a month he had an amputation.

We got back together 6 months later, and in the next 6 months he cheated on me because I had got a new job and didn't have time to be his groupie. So he banged his best mates little sister.

He was an asshole.

• What a prick.. selfish as could be. Hope your dad is recovering well and your new job is bomb πŸ€™πŸ™‚

• Yeah my dad is mostly okay. This happened about 5-7 years ago - I'm no longer at this job but I did meet my now boyfriend at that job :)

• It was a abusive one.. it ended with me leaving.. and no i don't love him anymore but took me years to stop.

• My hardest break up was my first break up for sure. It ended because we just weren't in the right places in our lives for a relationship. I don't know if I still love him but I will always care about him for sure.

• This year. My ex K* (initial only) was a bit hard to be with. He would treat me like a toy. But then try to win me back with sweet talk. He had this smooth demeanor and charisma that could make you think he loved you. We'd met discussing alternative religion/spirituality on a site. He seemed genuinely nice and loving. Things turned dark a few days into our official relationship though. He had an insatiable need for sex. Thats all he seemed to care about. It was shut up woman kind of behavior thing. I kept thinking where's the old K I thought I knew? I found personal ads online that were his after. I confronted him but he said they were old. I believed him. Few more days I discovered three other women who were "his girlfriends". So I confronted him again and we went on break. I net another guy who said he wanted to be just friends stupidly moved in with him ended up raped. My lovely ex then said after i told him what happened he wouldn't take me back because I'm a worthless ho. A used "pocket pussy" and that it was ok he did because he's a gut and guys have needs. So that permenately ended it. Safe to say I do not love him and wish he'd burn in hell.

• What the mthrfk.. the balls on that guy fuck him.. selfish son of a bitch!!! I hope you find yourself in a better place and get help with the rape and trauma around it xx 😒😒 SMH at these assholes. 😑😑

• My first breakup was the hardest. I was in high school. My brother and I were the only blacks there. I liked this guy a lot. He was really sweet to me and we talked on the phone a lot, and we had a lot in common. Unfortunately, he broke up with me because his friends and some of his family were giving him crap about dating a black girl. Then he ended up dating one of my friends, talk about heartbroken. I still really liked him after awhile, but I slowly got over it and became friends, even danced with him at the prom. In our adult lives now he told me that he really felt bad for doing that because he really did like me, he also regrets not having sex with me which was kind of funny. He's married though and we're just good friends, but there are times I wonder what if. All is well though.

• Hmm, well he just didn't have the courage to admit and take charge of his friends and succumbed to peer pressure. Unfortunate but kudos for him coming clean about it later on and apologizing, find someone who will be proud to show you off no matter the skin colour :)

• I`ve only had one lol but it was pretty bad. I still love him seven months later, but I feel like it`s silly because he wasn`t a very nice person (we dated for a year, I wasn`t strong enough to leave).

• You are strong darl, you managed to leave that unhealthy guy.. you might miss him from time to time, but all over you're beautiful and you deserve better :)

• Wow thank you so much! :)

• Hardest was my first boyfriend, I don't still love him, he doesn't deserve it even if I were single.

• Hardest break up was with my ex. He ended it. He has mental health issues, trust issues, issues with relationships etc. So he dumped me. We still speak and see each other though.

• my current ex boyfriend and yeah I still really really love him

• I still love him

• yes I thinkk true love never dies but people change and. so do their goals and views burned bridges are only burnt if u play with fire build bridges don't burn them all roads lead to new things

• I usually drop a guy when I find someone who earns a bit more or he does not treat me right. When guys get their act together, I consider taking them back. Most of you just need to man up.

• Yes I still love him and I know he still loves me and this is how it kinda went down www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2391968-am-i-doing-the-right-thing-with-my-ex

• Just under a month ago. He broke up with me while I was self-harming. Even though he always said he'd support me though it if i ever relapsed, which I did. He picked a fight with me, abused me, which caused me to cut, then he broke up with me.

• grow up and stop pitying yourself

• you're taking the victim stance. same thing.

• I'm so sorry to hear that Anon... hopefully you get the help you need and seek professional help in relations to self harm and all over general feelings. It's unfortunate he abused you and caused you to further spiral , unfortunately we can't always rely on partners to be the person that will bring us back to our norm/happy state. But whatever you're going through, I hope you get stronger from the lessons you've been through, much love xx ❀

• I shudder at the recollection. this was when I was 16.

LITERALLY hate his guts. It was a bitter end, but really actually necessary.

l met him through casual get togethers with friends. We connected when I surprised him by naming his cologne, based on it's scent. That was when we started chatting and I got his number. At the time I was doing drugs, like e and pills and cocaine and what not, a little bit more than recreationally, as well as drinking pretty profusely. It was a dark time in my life and I really shouldn't have been dating, but he was funny, and I was high all the time so I was really impulsive. Anyway, it turned out he too was a druggie, so we started using together. I was already moving into more serious drugs, and so we kind of walked that path together. I had a stable income surprisingly, and so did he, despite our daily drug use. So anyway, he lost his job, but I maintained mine. I even started going back to school. I was still using. anyway, a year down the road I encounter some unexpected stress, and I crumble. The stability I had before began to suffer, and the stress in our relationship increased.

He started hanging out with his friends way more, and so I got a little upset. We were still using together and having sex, but slowly our relationship turned into simply drugs and sex. anyway, he invited me to hangout with his friends one day, and because we hsd drifted apart a little I became genuinely excited. we went over to his friends place, and I'm sitting on the couch, and they step into another room.

long story short, he tells me he'll be right back and leaves me with the words "just do it." and closed the door, his "friend" locking it from the inside.

long long story short, the fucker sold me for dope. no consultation, no asking if I was down or any consideration for my feelings. I became an object he owned for trade. i felt trapped and used.

anyway, I broke up with him after that, it was really bad. afterwards I spiralled into serious drug use, and eventually got arrested and had a few hospital trips until going to rehab and getting clean a few years after.

it still friggin makes me sick. for years after I would have random flashbacks that would leave me nausous and shaking. son of a fucking bitch.

anyway. i don't love him. I hate is guts.

the relationship was poisonous anyway since we were doing drugs, but we were dating for two years. I really loved him at one point, when we did normal couple activities.

• Holy shit

• Omg.. I can't believe he did that 😑😑😑 What a fkn jerk!!!
      He should be in jail!!!

Well done for becoming clean, and you've really done a full 360 on your life, just wishing you all the best, wish I could give you a hug πŸ˜’πŸ˜”β€β€β€

much love x

• Oeeeh The weeknd and Bella Hadid are literally goals😍. Can they just get back together?

My hardest break up was with the guy that played me and he exactly knew how to wrap me around his finger. I always thought I could change him, but I never could. And I was always the one that was hurting. I don't know why this is my hardest break up, but it took a lot of time to get over him.

• YasssπŸ˜πŸ˜‡, yeah still heartbroken about those two.. but on that interview I relate to everything she said 😒😩😭

Yeah it's hard to change someone who controls you in every little bit of way, you'll miss the control here and there but, gotta let time pass before you can finally realize and put it in perspective. Much love xx ❀

• Huh I didn't see an interview, I am going to look it up. Ugh, Selena Gomez and The Weeknd I just don't like them. It looks so fake asf. I went to his concert in February, and he was lit omygod πŸ”₯πŸ”₯❀️.

Yeah it was damn hard and it still is. He was manipulative, every fight we had was my fault, it was never his fault. He always blamed me for everything. When he had a bad day, he would just take it out on me. He made me insecure, would call me ugly and he lied to me about some things. I was in peace in my last relationship, I just couldn't believe there was someone who could love me. But I just couldn't love him, so I broke up with him. I gave him other reasons, I still feel guilty.

Thank you, you are awesome❀️