Have you ever catfished anyone? Why? For what purpose? (Not trying to put you on the spot. I'm just trying to understand, for some closure.)?

I've been catfished several times. Doesn't get any easier each time.

Most Helpful Girl

• It happened by accident. I was just curious to see how people would act if I was a guy, but then things got carried away and a girl started sex talking after a joke and I didn't know how to fix things. :(

Sponsored

What Guys Said 12

• No, but it's kind of a hobby of mine to write sex ads on craigslist. I almost consider it 'erotic fiction writing practice'. I don't expect girls to actually respond, but sometimes they do with a "wow, that was hilarious" or whatever.

However, I get MANY responses from guys. Most of them are something along the lines of "man I wish I was a girl so you could do that to me," but every once in a while I get some guy who tries to avoid mentioning that he's a guy. It's usually pretty obvious, though, so I haven't been actually catfished. I've just had a lot of guys attempt to catfish me. It's awkward, but don't take it personally.

• if you've been catfished more than once your standards are unrealistic af. people who catfish tend to steal pics from models, so that means the only people you're into are male models. and for you to fall for it more than once... that's pretty telling

• It's happened 4 times. The first three times when I was 14. And he wasn't a model, he was a scene kid. ­čśů and his time, he wasn't a model either, just some soldier.

You know what's telling? Your assumptions. Just ask next time, yeah?

• No, zero catfishing crimes on my part. I find it disturbing. I think that it's the first step to being a sex offender.

• nope, but I did love the show.

let me help nonetheless:

the biggest issue I think is related to self esteem. they'd rather be someone else because they somehow got convinced they won't get the same attention if they are themselves.
    so it's not your fault, it's their own problems.

obviously that doesn't apply to the Persian price who wants to send you $1'000'000.

• I did once entirely by accident. Happened on this site too. We were describing what we look like. She got all excited and asks for a picture of me. I ask the same of her. When she sees my picture, she responds as if I lied to her about my appearance. I guess when I specifically gave her my hair color, hair style, eye color, height, even my body type, she was expecting something other than just that.

So yeah, I suppose I now officially qualify as a catfish. 😂

• Got catfished by the Secret Internet Fattie on dating sites several times.

• No but I've been catfished once

• No catfishing on my part.

• never done it and never had it done to me

• right now ( ═í° ═ť╩ľ ═í°)

• So I take it then, that your profile picture is really of you?

• Def have. Me and my now ex had a falling out way back and used a fake name to talk to her and get in her head about he feelings. Nothing really ever came of that.

Later on we actually broke up. I did a similar thing. Got close to her, not emotionally. Traded nudes, sexted, phone sex. Learned all her dirty secrets and got her to push her boundaries with masturbation and hooking up with guys. Got her to video herself having sex or blowing a guy.

Honestly it led to her meeting a really good guy and i let her go at that point and i can see she's happy now.

But what i did was FUCKED

What Girls Said 12

• No , but I've played people and manipulated them just coz I knew they were playing me , lying to me, and manipulating me. So I had a bit fun for a while, and used their lies and manipulation tactics to my own advantage lol They had no idea I knew they were lying.

It's fun when you fool the fool who's fooling you 😜

I'd never intentionally catfish anyone online. I'm not interested in chatting online to people so I couldn't be bothered to try to fool them and play them lol The only people I chat to online are people I've been friends with for years.

• I did it in purpose to be petty and spiteful to my ex. I don't regret it but I wouldn't do it again

• nope

• i did. catfishied my bf's ex. just wanna know why he loved her then hated her after they broke up. plus comparing myself and her, she's not that attractive tho.

• I never catfished anyone, and I wouldn't do it.

• I've been catfished. Not by physical appearence but by his life. He lied to me about every little thing. Name and all

• I don't like fishing or hunting.

• Never did that.

• Yeah, my ex for details on his life. Tried to find out what he lied about etc

• ehhh, well. i dont know if this qualifies really as catfishing but when I was younger I had less control over my spiteful personality, and once, a girl embarrassed me in front of a large group of people... so I posed as her over facebook and added her friends, family members, and others in our community, and openly exposed every single one of her secrets to the massive audience I'd successfully added to her fake page.

Im really adept at finding out people's weaknesses or secrets. before I grew up a little, if I was betrayed or offended, 9/10 times I would retaliate by unloading all the dirt and information i'd collected over the years on the world.

anyway. that was that.

aside from that. nah. who has the time.

• I wanted to feel like a different person, it gave me an idea of how it felt like to love yourself (i loved my character)

• Yes I have. Partners.