To all the men out there who's divorcing/divorced: Will you ever commit again?

Given the fact that a divorce is a hard and long process for self exploration after it's done. What makes you commit again?

229

Most Helpful Guy

• I see no reason not to commit again. It takes time to move on from a breakup and whatever mess that results from it, but it doesn't take away your ability to love again. If you decide not to let yourself love again, you deprive yourself of a part of life that is a very fulfilling part of life. Divorce isn't as high as it is because marriage doesn't work as many believe, it's so high because people don't want to put in the work it takes to have a successful marriage. It's the easy way out! Wonderful long lasting relationships, whether or not marriage is involved, take a lot of work. They don't just happen and last. You need two people who love each other enough to want it to succeed. If that kind of love doesn't exist from both people in the relationship, it's not a good one. If you are willing to just take the easy way out, you don't really love your SO. If you both work on it, the odds of getting to the point of breaking up doesn't come up in many, many cases. If the relationship included a man that works to understand his lady, the odds of divorce go down. By saying that, I don't mean men are the reason most relationships end. I'm saying that this is a huge problem for women because they don't get a lot of what women need in her relationship. If men bother to learn how women tick, they would have a very happy lady and the man would be happier as well. A woman gives back tenfold what she gets from her man that makes her happy. A happy wife usually means a happy relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Many do, but they may not marry again if they lost a lot from the previous marriage.

What Guys Said 28

• I am divorced and I will commit again. In fact, I am in the process of breaking up with my girlfriend of 2 years because she is unwilling to commit to me. I will commit because I want someone who I can always count on, someone who will be waiting for me when I come home, someone who doesn't want to go bed unless I am in it also. I want all the comfort that a relationship can bring and I will continue to look for it.

• I'm sorry to hear that, hope you find what you're looking for. I totally understand what you're saying I am in situation where we both love each other. He is divorcing and i am in a position where i need to start my life all over again. Complicated situation, i know he can't commit i know for a fact I can't commit too but the "other me" says the opposite i want to be secured.

• I married my high school sweetheart at 18, 13 years later we divorced (no kids). After living single and being alone on holidays, I allowed myself to move forward, and I have found someone unlike anyone I have met before. A wallflower, two years older than me, and has taught me more about life, than what I believed was the way to live. I knew after a month (11months together now) I want to be with her for the rest of my life. Yes, I would marry again.

• I never divorced but I would not ever and can not ever commit simply because I adamant about remaining single, thus I am unwilling to ever date anybody. No dates, thus no marriage, thus no possibilities of divorce, it's guaranteed.

But those that are really able to get through all that, congratulations, I don't know how some of you manage to ever do all of that, but I sure know I am unwilling to ever go through what you had gone through.

• This is a really good question. I don't want to legally marry, but I do want to cohabit with a woman. I was married for 4 years, and divorced after I found out a man wired my wife 1200 dollars straight to her bank account. She denied anything was going on, (guess who her current husband is.) Needless to say, I didn't buy into the fact that a man would wire a woman so much money and not be interested in her, and that's if he's not already receiving favors. So, I filed for a divorce and did everything myself, and it costed me 450 dollars. She originally wanted alimony, where I wanted a clean break up. Luckily her sugar daddy basically convinced her she didn't need my money, and that he would take care of her and her two kids who are not even his. Have fun with all that. Now I'm looking into home ownership, and it will not be jeopardized by anyone. I'm not fixing to do have worked so hard in my life so that someone who sleeps in the same bed as me can waltz in and gain 50 percent of my assets just from "being in love" with me for a handful of years. The higher your income, and the more assets you have, the more risky marriage becomes. No one gets married and believes that they will divorce one day, but unfortunately it does happen. When people are tempted with free money that they feel entitled to, they may act on it, or a lawyer can convince them to seek assets and put off their debts onto their former spouse.

• All of this being considered, I don't hold anything against women. I'm fair, honest, and I don't cheat or lie. It's really the court system, our divorce laws, and the fact that I can lose much more in the future if a divorce were to occur down the line. I enjoy living with and being with a woman, so in every other way it will be just like a traditional marriage. Just without the legally being married part. If she falls out of love with me, cheats, or just wants to leave she's free to do so. No divorce needed, just pack everything up and move out. It's that simple.

• I'm not sure if I count but I was in an LTR for nearly twelve years that ended in 2013.

Today I almost bought an engagement ring for my girlfriend but realised I forgot to check the size of one of her existing ones, so I hope that answers your main question.

• Well, ignoring the sad reality that many people DO NOT use a divorce as an opportunity for self-examination, most people like at least some aspects of being married. It's natural then that they would try to recreate the good aspects of marriage while avoiding the bad parts. Naturally, since wherever we go we bring ourselves, the second try is often no more successful than the first - but not always.

• No, absolutely not.

• Yes. Just because most women are just horrible human beings doesn't mean they all are. So as much as I want to stay single, it goes against my nature. I will never completely trust her though.

• Let me first get married!! give me your number.. will surely answer your question that day.. if by tough luck I get divorced.. lmao!

• I've been divorced 2 years but if the right woman came along I might commit again

• No, I won't. I learned a lot during my divorce and in the time since, about many things, and I won't be a fool again.

• I have no plans on getting divorced, but, if I was to become a widower, no, I would not remarry.

• I am divorced, started dating about our months after and have been with a girl for 3 and a half years. Plan on marrying her

• What made you decide to marry again?

• I married a girl who was young, bipolar, and emotionally abusive the first time. I didn't know better but now I think I made a better choice

• I have never even been married. But, I already know that I do not want it.

• marriage is slavery so no i wouldn't be entertaining the thought of doing that with a woman. A woman has no power or control over you as bf/gf, so they have to put effort in to keep you interested. a woman gains her power over a man when she marries, thats why when a woman dates a man for even just a year she starts popping wedding questions becausr its exhausting being fake for so long and she is ready to pull the fat grenade and retire her try card.

• If I were ever to get divorced, I highly doubt I would go for round 2.

• Not even gonna go there... marraige is a crazy idea when statistically 50% fails

• I'm widowed, so my experience didn't go to the lowest of lows in marriage.
    though it wasn't a horrible experience, we had our low patches and with what I see available in my wheelhouse, there is no comparison to the woman I married.
    I would get married again, just not to one of these snobby, elitist, Southern California women. or the dull, insipid clones.

• not every guy is like Ross in Friends 😂😂😂 who'll be divorced3 times.

• The revaluing door is very difficult to stop without help

• been through 2 already. thinking about looking for number 3 lol

• Same here, but I had to divorce them, go figure lol

• I've never been divorced... that's because I've never been married. Mgtow for life!

• honestly never again

• No. Seeing my parents divorce I will comit, but without a marriage. And Weary will I be of her.

• yes. married life is awesome, she wasn't ready yet

• No I would not commit again

• No. Men were always right about women...

MGTOW is the only way

• Yeah of course my one good friend got into a serious relationship while he was going through at divorce, if i really like/love someone and want to be with them il make it happen regardless the situation i am in, thats my personal opinion.

What Girls Said 1

• Men actually remarry faster than women after a divorce.

• You mean, the ones who DO remarry do so more quickly, and that is true. Some men can't imagine themselves without a wife, and will wife up the next woman who comes along. I know 2 guys like that who are both on wife #4.

But a whole lot of guys wake up to the reality of modern marriage (which is stacked heavily against men), and realize they can have relationships with women without legal entanglements by simply not getting married (again).

And some, like me, figure that out without even getting married the first time.

I have nothing against women, but marriage, under modern rules, just isn't a good deal for men.

• No, I mean exactly what I said. Yes, the gap is decreasing, but as of 2014, men are still more likely to get remarried even though more women are getting remarried than before. www.google.com/.../%3Fsource%3Ddam