A really sad story. What wrong have I done I wonder?

Warning, this is going to be very long! I met my fiancée abroad while I was atudying in the U. S. It was truly magical. We would spend time between classes togther after school is done we would always hang out and forget about our friends. We couldn't take the time consuming distance between us so we moved into where she lives an old house that her mum owned in which I paid a monthly rent so I could stay. Fast forward I graduated and now there is a choice of either we break up or one of us moves. I did not really want to leave my family but it was a sacrifice that I took. So, we get engaged and apply for a fiancée visa which takes about 7 months. These months were truly hard. There is a 7 hour time difference and again I was the one willing to wake up at 3 AM everyday. So I get accepted but gave it up for love "two yr contract. she said it'll all be worth it. With time my so grew angry with me for no reason. Pointing out my imperfections in which I was happy to fix. So I read books on anger management, children and how to improve relationships. Even when I was at the gym getting ripped for my love I listened to ted talk. I was committed on being the best husband, father in the world. Yet, I know my love and accept her with all of her imperfections. Fast forward few days. Before I travel to see her she texts me to check my email. She broke up with me over an email. I lost it. I asked her why? But she wouldn't really give me closure or say why her only words were I am happy, relieved that we are not together and I want to explore meet new people. Wtf? Here I am broken to pieces wasted 8 months of my life, so much money onto a visa she easily canceled, skipped a full ride scholarship, angered my parents who never aproved of her, wasted a nonerefundable ticket. I was into pieces but she didn't care and depressed right now I lost my mind over why she broke up. How do you overcome a betrayal like this? Let me reinstate we were really happy and planned everything.

Just wanted to add important points.
I love her so so much.
We've been together over 2 years
We were happy when we were together but she got more distant towards the end

03
Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know about your woman but about moving on, spend time with your family maybe. You said you didn't want to leave them, that means they love you and you love them. Loving parents always support their children and I'm sure your family will appreciate you if you go back to them. Good family always forgives you and brings you back on the right track. :)

• I would move on bro... , I mean she is really a coward if she can't call you... but I won't break it just yet.. try to call her or something... and are you sure she was really in love with you.. I mean.. she isn't cheating on you or something...

• Yes, she was extremely happy and I asked her 2 days before breaking up if she loves me and she said of course.

• it's weird as if is trying to hide something... or...

• I know I texted her over for two weeks now but her final answer is to move on and get over it. I wondered why all the time it ate me alive but she won't say anything so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

• Did you two have things in common? It's hard to sustain a good relationship with just feelings and willpower.

I don't know what her deal is because you seem like a great person. Keep trying to improve yourself and you'll find someone better.

• Yes, when we were together we would spend every moment doing things we like.

• All I can think of is that she has fallen head over heels for someone else, she thinks she has a problem with you but it's actually her problem or that she's an undercover government spy who has to cut you loose for your safety. Still weird behaviour

• I gave her everything and more. She told always told me no one ever loved her more. So yeah I hope she is some sort of undercover agent lol